Job: Utility Lube Technician
Job Type: Hourly
Location: Canon City, CO.
The Utility Lube Technician will perform general labor task such as lubricate mobile equipment, maintain plant housekeeping, and assist with routine maintenance. Hours: 3rd Shift starts around 8:00pm (subject to change depending on production). This shift is eligible for a pay differential.
- Responsible for lubricating plant mobile equipment
- Responsible for reading and interpreting equipment manuals and work orders to perform essential job duties
- Performs labor tasks such as clean up, shoveling, and preventative maintenance.
- Completes required paperwork and reports Operates Skid Steer, and other equipment to perform general tasks
- Assists with equipment and plant repairs, maintenance, and housekeeping.
- Follows all safety rules, regulations, and procedures as set forth by the MSHA/OSHA Company policies
- Assists in other plant operations as needed
Minimum Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Work requires the ability to be a self-starter and to work with little supervision
- Must be able to read and interpret gauges/dials and make competent decisions related to processing equipment
- Must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate in the English language
- Must be able to work irregular shifts, days/nights, and weekends
- Work requires the ability to work in confined spaces
- Work requires the ability to operate radio, CB radio, computer, and other equipment.
- Work requires the ability to use hand tools such as grease gun, shovels, wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.
- Must be able to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and hearing protection.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, and catwalks to a height of 100 ft. and work at this height for extended periods
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb and reach around all areas of equipment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to walk across steep/rough terrain
- Will work in varied outdoor environments (in all weather conditions heat, cold, wet, humid, dry and/or dusty conditions)
- Must be able to work in areas where noise levels are up to 90 lbs
- Exposure to cement, clay, limestone, shale, and other raw materials and various chemicals, solvents and lubricants
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Salary Posting: We are excited to share the base range for this position is $$20.20 - $27.00, exclusive of benefits or bonuses (discretionary and non-discretionary). The offered base hourly compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, business need, market conditions, proficiencies, skills, education, and experience. Additionally, at Martin Marietta we place a high value on internal pay equity and will consider the compensation for those in similarly situated roles and direct team members. The posted range for this role represents the total reasonable pay range and does not solely represent a hiring range. Therefore, hiring at the top or maximum of the range should not be expected as it would not allow for salary growth opportunities in the role, would diminish promotion value, and may not align with internal equity. In addition to our base compensation, we also offer a competitive benefits package for full time employees (more information on benefits listed below).
At Martin Marietta, we offer a variety of benefits, depending on union classification which could include medical, dental and vision coverage; prescription drug coverage; health savings accounts; flexible spending accounts; life, AD&D and disability insurance; 401(k) with a company match and an employer-funded defined benefit pension plan. Other benefits include paid time off, paid holidays, education/tuition assistance, an employee discount program, adoption assistance, wellness programs and more. Part time employees are eligible to participate in the 401k plan and receive a company match. In addition, they are eligible to start accruing service for the pension plan.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.