Job: Technical Support Engineer I- Endpoint Security
Job Type: Full time, Salaried
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving thousands of partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best.
We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate, so we don’t look for the right "fit" – instead, we look for the add. We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
The Technical Support Engineer I interacts with our partners through multiple communication channels, providing technical support and escalation assistance on the vendors that we have on our line card. They create product knowledge documentation. The Engineer focuses on the products and technologies that are relevant to the specific team they are assigned to which includes Productivity, Infrastructure, Continuity, and Security.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Provide technical partner support
- Manage daily cases assigned
- Log into phone and case management systems according to schedule
- Resolve routine technical cases in a timely and efficient manner, using technical knowledge of our various Stax solutions
- Escalate cases to upper tier engineers and/or vendors when appropriate
- Own and oversee escalated support cases until resolution is determined
- Assist with development of processes around support in relation to providing customer support and problem resolution
- Collaborate with vendors or vendor contacts around cases currently in an escalated state
- Maintain product and knowledge specialization
- Develop and maintain knowledge around products specific to their team
- Work with vendors and vendor contacts to drive continuous communications around updates and information that may affect the team
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least two (2) years of related experience in the technical support field
- MSP specific experience preferred
- Strong communication skills around customer service – can defuse situations where partners and/or customers may be frustrated
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems
- A self-motivated, strategic creative worker with a drive for executional excellence
- Proficient at managing email and team communication through MS Outlook and MS Teams
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Ability to make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Ability to actively learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learnings
- Ability to actively seek new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development challenges
- Ability to anticipate and adopt innovations in business building digital and technology applications
- Demonstrated support specific knowledge in the following Pax8 Stax:
- Security: Admin level experience with the Microsoft Office 365 platform. Understanding of mail flow, related DNS records, diagnosing mail flow issues, setting up connectors to third party platforms. Admin level experience on SaaS based email security platforms like Proofpoint, Ironscales, Titan HQ. Admin level experience with endpoint solutions like SentinelOne and Bitdefender. Installation, removal, and remediation experience with endpoint solutions. Basic knowledge around cybersecurity best practices or the desire to learn and dig deeper.
Required Education Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
- Industry specific certifications preferred such as Microsoft 365 Expert Admin, MCSA, Comptia A+, Network+, Security+
Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $50,000 or more depending on experience
*Note: Compensation is benchmarked on local Denver Metro area market rates. Qualified candidates in other locations can expect a salary package that may be adjusted based off applicable cost of wages in their respective location.
At Pax8 we believe that your Total Rewards should include a benefits package that shows how much we value our greatest assets. All FTE Pax8 people enjoy the following benefits:
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.