Job: Technical Support Engineer- Azure/AWS (Remote)
Job type: Full-time
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate, so we don’t look for the right "fit" – instead, we look for the add. We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
At Pax8, the role of Cloud Infrastructure Support Engineer is key to the support of the most complex technical issues presented by our partners. Cloud Infrastructure Support Engineers are expected to have a deep understanding of on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure technologies. They should be able to quickly identify root cause and provide consultative resolutions to our partners. They will also act as an escalation point for cloud support engineers working on other Pax8 Stax.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Partner Support Reactive Management
- Responsible for daily case and phone management (Logged into phone and case management systems according to scheduled start time. Timely and efficient management of cases to push towards resolution. Escalation to upper tier engineers and/or vendors when appropriate. Ownership and management of escalated support cases until resolution is determined.)
- Assists with development of processes around support in relation to providing customer support and problem resolution
- Collaborate with vendors or vendor contacts around tickets currently in an escalated state
- Product and Knowledge Specialization (Develop maintain knowledge around specific products in team. Work with vendors and vendor contacts to drive continuous communications around updates and information that may affect the team. Act as a delegated Subject Matter Expert for one or more products, assisting with vendor communications, product training, as well as team and leadership awareness. Work with vendors and vendor contacts to drive continuous communications around updates and information that may affect the team. Act as a delegated Subject Matter Expert for one or more products, assisting with vendor communications, product training, as well as team and leadership awareness.)
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Experience diagnosing problems with software and cloud products.
- Specific experience with Azure, Microsoft 365, cloud backup systems, AWS or similar technologies is required.
- Knowledge of operating systems and technologies (Windows 2008-2022, Linux Distros).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory both on premise or in Azure AD.
- Understanding of Windows Virtual Desktop or Windows Remote Desktop Services a plus Experience with Intune or other MDM solutions.
- Experience with Azure, WVD, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware or AWS required Demonstrate a technical awareness of network topology, protocols and server connectivity.
- Experience with TCP/IP networking, routing, switching, firewalls Excellent analytical problem-solving skills combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Ability to communicate professionally by phone and email.
- Must be customer service oriented and work well in a team oriented collaborative environment.
- Creative thinker and problem solver—always looking beyond the available options when up against roadblocks
Required Education Certifications:
- At least 4 years of relatable experience in the technical support field
- Azure or AWS Certifications preferred
- B.S./B.A. degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $75,000 or more depending on experience
*Note: Compensation is benchmarked on local Denver Metro area market rates. Qualified candidates in other locations can expect a salary package that may be adjusted based off applicable cost of wages in their respective location.
At Pax8 we believe that your Total Rewards should include a benefits package that shows how much we value our greatest assets. All FTE Pax8 people enjoy the following benefits:
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving thousands of partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.