Job: Store Color Mixer- Salida
Job Type: Part time, Hourly
Location: Salida, CO.
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow, and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Where You’ll be Working
The individual selected for this role will be expected to work at Store #7595, located at: 101 A W Highway 50, Salida, 81201
How You’ll Perform the Role
This position is responsible for supporting the sales efforts at a Sherwin-Williams paint store, servicing wholesale and retail customers. Individuals in this role will prepare customers' paint orders quickly and accurately, which involves tinting and mixing paint, preparing draw-downs for submittal to customers, maintaining accurate work order files and formulas, as well as cleaning, filling, and repairing equipment as necessary. This position may also assist with general warehouse, delivery and customer service duties as needed, including loading, and unloading of material, and waiting on customers.
Our Must Haves – These are our Basic Qualifications, hit apply if you meet all of them!
- 18 years of age or older
- Legally authorized to work in country of employment without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status, now or in the future
- Be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willingness to work all scheduled hours, which may include evenings and weekends, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Operate material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, forklift, etc.) safely once trained, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to distinguish the difference between colors, a skill used when color matching or tinting paint, with or without reasonable accommodation
Extras to Help you Stand Out – These are not required for you to be eligible to apply but are preferred.
- Prior work experience in retail or customer service
- Prior experience as a paint mixer with the ability to understand pigment variations and characteristics and the tinting process.
- High school diploma or comparable certification (e.g. GED)
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to speak more than one language: preferably Spanish
What is the Process to get Started?
Step 1 – Online Application Find the role(s) that interest you on our Careers page: https://jobsearch.sherwin.com/ Set aside 15 minutes to create your profile by entering or importing your details from one of our job board partners
Step 2 – Digital Interview Upon review of your application, qualified candidates will be invited to complete a digital video interview via HireVue, our interview partner. The interview will consist of a few behavioral based questions You’ll be able to record and complete your video interview anytime, anywhere! While you can complete this video interview on your own schedule, we ask that this step be completed within 14 days of receiving an invitation
Step 3 – In-Store Interview Your video interview is reviewed by our Recruitment team and our top candidates are invited to meet with our team in a store, specialty wholesale branch, floorcovering facility or delivery service terminal.
The hourly rate, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, with or without notice, subject to applicable law. Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.