Job: Shop Truck Mechanic
Job Type: Full time, Hourly
Location: Canon City, CO.
ARE YOU READY TO BUILD PROGRESS WITH US?
Driven by our purpose: Building progress for people and the planet. We are transforming to become the global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions. Holcim is enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of its strategy Holcim is becoming a net zero company, with its people and communities at the heart of its success. The company is driving circular construction as a world leader in recycling to build more with less. Holcim is 70,000 people around the world who are passionate about building progress for people and the planet through four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions Products.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Shop Truck Mechanic will perform repairs to various over the road tractors, trailers, water trucks and tandem dump trucks used for heavy highway, pipeline, utility and quarry applications as well as field projects. Most repairs are performed in or at the maintenance facility or in the field if need arises.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Responsible for minor and major repair of equipment consisting of road tractors such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, Mack and other types of trailers to include belly dumps, rock tubs, lowboys and float trailers to include repairs of engines, transmissions, drive train, hydraulics, electrical and AC systems
- Perform all repairs in a safe productive, efficient and cost-effective manner
- Must be able to utilize tools required to effectively perform equipment repairs
- Will utilize on-line service publications for researching problems, identifying and ordering parts
- Knowledge and understanding of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical schematics
- Perform general and routine welding repair
- Attend formal safety training and technical training seminars
- Will be required to periodically assist in maintenance functions involving heavy equipment and support equipment
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas
- Proactive and promote safety in such a way as including but not limited to; assessing risks before starting tasks, only performing authorized activities, utilizing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a truck mechanic
- Ability to read, write, and speak well (English)
- Excellent knowledge of engine, transmission, hydraulic, electrical and AC systems
- On-road truck/trailer repair experience preferred
- Air conditioning certification desired
- Good driving record
- CDL Class A or B preferred
- Basic math skills (American system of metrics; English)
- Valid Driver’s License.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.