Job: Security Officer PRN
Job Type: PRN, Hourly
Location: Canon City, CO.
Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to Centura Health – the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options and possibility where you can chart the direction and flow of your career. Welcome to the freedom to believe in what you believe, and welcome to a family guided by shared values and a commitment to extending the healing ministry of Christ. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams and overflowing community. And welcome to wholeness of mind, body and spirit. Welcome to Centura Health.
Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills – but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
As a Security Officer with Centura Health you will:
- Work under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures locks and unlocks doors
- Assist in the Emergency Department, remains alert for fire and safety hazards, controls access into the facility, responds to all emergency codes and helps enforce hospital policies.
- Perform similar duties to provide a safe and secure hospital environment for patients, employees, and visitors.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Familiarity with Life Safety Codes and Joint Commission Environment of Care Compliance Regulations
- 3 years security related experience in a healthcare setting, or equivalent security experience outside of heathcare, or law enforcement, required
- 6 years security related experience in a healthcare setting or law enforcement, preferred
- HS GED Required
- BLS from the American Heart Association required within 90 days of hire
- Valid Driver's License required
- Essentials of Aggression Management in Healthcare certification required within 6 months of hire
- Certification required within 2 years of hire
Physical Requirements-Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health’s connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
Caring for Your Whole Well Being
At Centura, we offer incredible benefits that impact mind, body, and spirit to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and include Health Insurance Plan Options, Dental, Vision, 401K with generous matching, a Daycare FSA that includes a company contribution, Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan Forgiveness and so much more!
Everyone Thrives Here
You’re different, and we love it. Your perspectives, your ways, what you are on a mission to go and do – we’re all different at Centura Health, but we’re also all equally connected and supported. We are here to cultivate YOU in an environment which not only lifts you up, but propels you forward. To help you thrive, we take pride in providing exceptional benefits to support a healthy work, home, and life balance. Be sure to consider our generous company benefits package as part of the total compensation for this role.
Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled. Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment health and drug screen and background check.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.