Job: Seasonal Parks & Recreation Worker
Job Type: Seasonal, Full time, Hourly
Location: Salida, CO.
Performs a wide variety of manual labor and semi skilled work related to the operation, maintenance and repair of the City parks, trails and other facilities.
- Provides support to the Parks and Recreation Managers, Supervisors and fellow crew members of the department.
- Operate machinery and tools to help maintain and improve the parks system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The following duty statements are not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be a reflection of the principal job elements essential for making compensation decisions. The City reserves the right to modify or change duties or essential functions of this job at any time.
● Performs all duties required to maintain the City parks, trails and other facilities
● Assists Parks personnel by performing manual labor and semi-skilled activities as needed
● Performs other related work as required.
● Required to accurately complete daily timesheets and associated paperwork.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
● Proficient use of hand tools and small motorized equipment.
● Working knowledge of common hazards and safety precautions necessary for public works operation.
● Possess valid driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
● Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the general public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of high school level classes.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions and works in adverse weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- Employee must be willing to work weekend and evening hours
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.