Job: Respiratory Therapist
Job Type: Full time, Hourly
Location: Salida, CO.
$5000.00 Sign on bonus.
$1500.00 Relocation assistance
HRRMC Cardiopulmonary Department has a full time (36 hours/ week) Respiratory Therapist opening. This position will be working days 6a.m to 6:30p.m. This position is eligible for our benefit package including vision, dental and medical insurance, flexible spending account, employer matching retirement, paid time off, relocation assistance, employee assistance program, and employee gym. Apply today: hrrmc.com
Respiratory Therapists are health care professionals responsible for direct care of IP and OP patients with acute and chronic deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system. The scope of practice crosses all patients across the age spectrum neonatal to geriatric, client and resident populations and care sites including, but not limited to various in-patient and outpatient sites and urgent care, sub-acute care), sleep labs and clinic. Demonstrates critical thinking skills and high level of knowledge, expertise and independence by performing duties as outlined. The respiratory therapist must maintain safe and effective care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES PER AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Performs and collects diagnostic information to include:
a. Pulmonary Function testing
b. Pad Net
c. Sleep studies
d. Noninvasive and invasive diagnostic procedures
e. Blood gas and other pertinent laboratory analysis.
2. Accurately assesses each patient with physical examination and diagnostic data interpretations.
3. Applies therapeutics to respiratory care including:
a. Medial gas therapy
b. Humidity therapy
c. Aerosol therapy
d. Artificial airway insertion, management, and care
e. Airway clearance
f. Invasive and non-invasive mechanical ventilation
4. Assesses reaction and results of therapeutic interventions timely.
5. Participates with discharge planning and case management
6. Facilitates student learning
7. Participates with public education activities focused on the promotion of cardiopulmonary wellness.
8. Attends all mandatory safety in-services, department meeting and in-service's selected by manager.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Certification or registry from college or technical school.
- Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician or Registered Respiratory Therapist.
- One year experience preferred but not required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must maintain current, active license as a Respiratory Therapist in the State of Colorado.
- Must maintain current BLS, ACLS PALS and NRP.
VACCINATION EXEMPTIONS ACCEPTED
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a negative drug screen test*, criminal background check, reference checks, infection prevention procedures (Proof of completed COVID vaccinations prior to start date, TB test, Flu Shot, immunization records, etc.), physical capacity profile and acknowledgement of policies.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.