Job: Residential Care Supervisor
Job Type: Full time, Salaried
Location: Canon City, CO.
We are hiring a Residential Care Supervisor also referred to as Unit Supervisor or Treatment Supervisor for our Youth Services program at Southern Peaks Regional Treatment Center in Canon City, Colorado. Our employees are dedicated and passionate individuals that are committed to inspiring positive change in the lives of youth. Joining our team is more than just a job, it’s an opportunity to create a meaningful career by helping at-risk adolescents
BUILD BETTER FUTURES.
Bonus (if applicable): $5,000 sign on bonus
Who We Are:
Abraxas Youth Family Services is a national nonprofit human services provider dedicated to Building Better Futures for at-risk youth, adults, and families. Our diversified array of services includes alternative education, outpatient counseling, in-home services, shelter, detention, residential treatment and re-entry/transition services.
Since 1973, Abraxas team members have positively impacted the lives of those we serve and the communities in which they live.
We provide a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that offers the protection, peace of mind and flexibility designed to support you – both at home and at work.
- Medical Dental Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) Savings Plan
- Life Assistance Program (LAP)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) * Paid Holidays * Paid Training
- Advancement Opportunities
The Unit Supervisor:
Provides direct supervision of staff members within the program and oversees program services implementation. The supervisor monitors the milieu to assure that a therapeutic environment supportive of each youth’s treatment plan is maintained. Other responsibilities include oversight of documentation; facilitating communication between departments, within the program, and with other agencies as needed; assisting with program development.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services field and one-year experience in residential treatment are preferred; OR Associate’s degree or (sixty) 60 credit hours from an accredited college/university and three (3) years’ work experience with children.
- Supervisory experience also preferred.
- Ability to self-start, work independently and adhere to timelines on a consistent basis with a minimum of assistance and supervision.
- Must have the ability to lead and mentor staff.
- Ability to participate and maintain Safe Crisis Management (SCM) certification.
- Must support and promote the Sanctuary Model and its Commitments.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age
- Driver's License
- Physical exam that includes TB and drug testing.
- Criminal clearances (State Police, FBI and State Child Abuse Clearances)
- Satisfactory completion of background screening and applicable pre-employment checks, including but not limited to employment and/or personal reference and driving records.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Why Should You Consider Abraxas?
- At Abraxas, we celebrate the richness of our diverse employees and the communities we serve. We are actively committed to building a culture of awareness and belonging, as we strive to ensure we are a welcoming, inclusive, and culturally competent organization.
- As we work to make a difference in people’s lives, we are dedicated to respect, equity, and the engagement of those we serve and our employees.
- As a provider of trauma-informed care, we firmly believe in recovery and that our clients can lead fulfilling and meaningful lives, and we consider it an honor and a privilege to assist them in their journey.
- Whether you’re looking to begin a rewarding career or you’re a seasoned professional wanting a new challenge, we have a place for you and opportunities for development at all levels.
- At Abraxas, everything we do centers around people. That is why we are committed to providing you with competitive pay and comprehensive benefit options that help make your life easier and healthier, with a focus on providing choice when it comes to physical, emotional and financial wellness. Our benefit options meet you where you are in your life and set you up for success both in and outside of work.
- If you want to have a positive impact in the lives of others, come join us!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Abraxas Youth Family Services, an affiliate of Apis Services Inc., offers a rewarding career for those passionate about making a difference in the lives of others. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you.
Apis Services, Inc. provides shared administrative services, including recruiting and onboarding new team members for over 30+ for profit and non-profit organizations across the USA so they can focus on their all-important missions. Apis Services Inc. is a progressive corporation with over 3500+ employees nationwide and growing.
We are Hiring and We Want You on Our Team!
Thank you for your interest in a rewarding career at Abraxas Youth Family Services. We hope you consider applying for employment with us!
If you have any questions, you can contact us by email at [email protected]
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.