Job: Registered Nurse Emergency Room
Job Type: PRN, Hourly
Location: Canon City, CO.
Flourishing Begins Here
Qualified external applicants with at least six months of direct RN experience are eligible for up to a $20,000 sign-on bonus! The bonus will be taxed per IRS regulations. Additional relocation bonus may apply based on geographical location. Must be hired into a full-time or part-time position; PRN positions are not eligible. Some exclusions may apply.
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills – but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more. This is the heartbeat of our organization and your time will be spent in a supportive, team environment with resources to help you flourish and leaders who care about your success.
Centura Health's nurses have the right resources and leadership to practice at the top of their license with an organization that is consistently raising the bar on care excellence. Our system includes several Magnet®-designated facilities (with more hospitals on the Magnet® journey) and provides nurses with development, cross-training and options to flex and advance throughout their career journey.
Assumes responsibility and accountability for facilitating, communicating, and collaborating with both the healthcare team, and the patient/family to identify and meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient. Promotes the optimal health, well-being and safety of the patient through use of the nursing process and in accordance with patient care standards, guidelines and the State Nurse Practice Act. Demonstrates personal accountability for relationship-based care, organizational mission, and core values.
What You Bring/Job Requirements In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following: RN License required;
- Current state nursing licenses or RN license from a participating state in the National Licensure Compact,
- Colorado Only: RNs working in Colorado under a multi-state license must obtain their CO RN license within 30 days of establishing residency, i.e., drivers license, register to vote, etc. Compact to Compact. Upon issuance of a new multistate license, the former license is inactivated. For more information visit Colorado Board of Nursing - Compact Licensure
- Nursing Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing required; Bachelors Degree in Nursing preferred
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required for new graduates, preferred for experienced RN's
- BLS from the American Heart Association required
- One year experience preferred
- Nursing skills and knowledge base specific to specialty
Physical Requirements - Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health’s connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
St. Thomas More Hospital, a 25-bed acute care facility, is the cornerstone of health care services for Fremont County and surrounding southern Colorado communities. St. Thomas More offers 24-hour emergency and trauma services including inpatient acute care, intensive care unit, The Birth Center, diagnostic imaging, surgical services, rehabilitation services, sleep disorder center and a community blood bank. We’re proud to have a 5-star rating for joint replacement and be ranked among the top 15% in the nation for total joint replacement by Healthgrades (2008 to 2016). Our board-certified physicians specialize in emergency medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics/gynecology services, general surgery, orthopedic surgery and osteopathic treatment. Associates of St. Thomas More enjoy the camaraderie of a close-knit community hospital, the relaxed feel of small town life and an affordable cost of living in a town rich in culture and historic architecture. Located about 50 miles from Colorado Springs at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and the mouth of the Royal Gorge, locals and visitors alike enjoy this area for some of the state’s best hiking, wildlife and river sports like rafting and fishing.
Caring for Your Whole Well Being
We’re committed to delivering whole person care and understand that a comprehensive benefits package enriches the lives of our associates at work and at home. At Centura Health, we offer incredible benefits that impact mind, body, and spirit to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and may include:
- 401K, which includes matching when eligible
- Three Health Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Two Dental Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Vision Insurance including covering eligible dependents
- Medical Flexible Spending Account Options
- Leaves of Absence,
- Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Spouse Child/Dependent Life Insurance Coverage Options
- Voluntary Benefits including Hospital Indemnity Coverage, Critical Illness, Accident, Permanent Life insurance, and Norton LifeLock
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Pay
- Shift Differentials
- Employee Wellness Resources
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance based on location
- Associate Discounts for Phone, Cell Phone Plans, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Auto Buying, Pet Insurance, and much more...
The pay rate for this position is listed above and varies based on experience, skills, and comparison to others who are already in this role.
Everyone Thrives Here
You’re different, and we love it. Your perspectives, your ways, what you are on a mission to go and do – we’re all different at Centura Health, but we’re also all equally connected and supported. We are here to cultivate YOU in an environment which not only lifts you up, but propels you forward. To help you thrive, we take pride in providing exceptional benefits to support a healthy work, home, and life balance. Be sure to consider our generous company benefits package as part of the total compensation for this role.
Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled. Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment health and drug screen and background check.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.