Job: Registered Nurse
Job Type: Full time, Hourly
Location: Canon City, CO.
**NOW OFFERING A $5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS*****
Hiring full-time Registered Nurses (RN) to work directly with Adolescents in a psychiatry residential treatment program or PRTF at the Southern Peaks Regional Treatment Center in Canon City, Colorado.
Do you want to do meaningful work with a mission-driven organization, improving quality of life in your community through compassionate, integrated mental health services? We’ve got the job for you!
Shift: 7 am - 7 pm or 10 am - 10 pm
Who We Are:
Abraxas Youth Family Services is a national nonprofit human services provider dedicated to Building Better Futures for at-risk youth, adults, and families. Our diversified array of services includes alternative education, outpatient counseling, in-home services, shelter, detention, residential treatment and re-entry/transition services.
Since 1973, Abraxas team members have positively impacted the lives of those we serve and the communities in which they live.
Benefits & Perks: We provide a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that offers the protection, peace of mind and flexibility designed to support you – both at home and at work.
- Medical Dental Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) Savings Plan
- Life Assistance Program (LAP)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) * Paid Holidays * Paid Training
- Advancement Opportunities
The Adolescent Psych RN is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of the patient with a psychiatric illness. Functions to seek methods to improve patient care on an ongoing basis. Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory law as it relates to the care of the mentally ill patient. When the need arises, will perform other duties as assigned.
- Designate appropriate client referrals to the contracted physician(s) and other medical agencies or practitioners as needed.
- Coordinate with community service agencies to ensure routine and emergency medical care for clients and team members.
- Administer physician prescribed medications and vaccines.
- Promote good health habits, proper hygiene, and good nutrition with all clients
- Control and maintain adequate inventory of medications and medical supplies.
- Respond to all medical emergencies, provide first aid, and periodically work "on-call" shifts to provide emergency assistance as needed.
- Maintain all medical documentation, medical history, and file on each client while following HIPAA compliance rules and regulations.
- Actively participate in nursing related performance improvement activities.
- Participate in health training of clients to include hygiene, nutrition, and diet.
- Participate in multidisciplinary treatment team meetings.
- Maintain compliance with company exposure plan(s) to include OSHA and blood borne pathogens.
- Current licensure as an RN in Colorado.
- Trainer certification eligible or current certification in CPR/First Aid.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass physical and pre-employment drug/alcohol screening
- Must pass criminal background check
Why Should You Consider Abraxas?
At Abraxas, we celebrate the richness of our diverse employees and the communities we serve. We are actively committed to building a culture of awareness and belonging, as we strive to ensure we are a welcoming, inclusive, and culturally competent organization. As we work to make a difference in people’s lives, we are dedicated to respect, equity, and the engagement of those we serve and our employees. As a provider of trauma-informed care, we firmly believe in recovery and that our clients can lead fulfilling and meaningful lives, and we consider it an honor and a privilege to assist them in their journey.
Whether you’re looking to begin a rewarding career or you’re a seasoned professional wanting a new challenge, we have a place for you and opportunities for development at all levels. At Abraxas, everything we do centers around people. That is why we are committed to providing you with competitive pay and comprehensive benefit options that help make your life easier and healthier, with a focus on providing choice when it comes to physical, emotional and financial wellness. Our benefit options meet you where you are in your life and set you up for success both in and outside of work. If you want to have a positive impact in the lives of others, come join us!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Abraxas Youth Family Services, an affiliate of Apis Services Inc., offers a rewarding career for those passionate about making a difference in the lives of others. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you.
Apis Services, Inc. provides shared administrative services, including recruiting and onboarding new team members for over 30+ for profit and non-profit organizations across the USA so they can focus on their all-important missions. Apis Services Inc. is a progressive corporation with over 3500+ employees nationwide and growing.
Join Us in Building Better Futures! Interested in joining our outstanding team? If you have any questions, you can contact us by email at [email protected]
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.