Job: Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
Job Type: Full time, Hourly
Location: Canon City, CO.
An exciting job opportunity for a full-time Administrative Assistant / Specialist at Southern Peaks Regional Treatment Center.
Who We Are: Abraxas Youth Family Services is a national nonprofit human services provider dedicated to
Building Better Futures for at-risk youth, adults, and families. Our diversified array of services includes alternative education, outpatient counseling, in-home services, shelter, detention, residential treatment and re-entry/transition services.
Since 1973, Abraxas team members have positively impacted the lives of those we serve and the communities in which they live.
Benefits & Perks: We provide a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that offers the protection, peace of mind and flexibility designed to support you – both at home and at work.
- Medical Dental Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) Savings Plan
- Life Assistance Program (LAP)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) * Paid Holidays * Paid
- Training Advancement Opportunities
In this role, you will:
Summary: The Administrative Assistant /Specialist position performs administrative, clerical, and technical functions of the program/facility. The ideal candidate will be detailed oriented, organized, have excellent communication skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office. This position will include data entry, filing, auditing and effectively able to track deadlines as well as simultaneously work on multiple projects as assigned.
- Create and maintain filing system and track regulatory compliance related items.
- Assist in multiple areas and departments, including working with clients.
- Coordinate and track facility initiatives.
- Assist in processing all payroll related responsibilities for the program.
- Including processing all payroll related paperwork and backup documentation.
- Compose routine letters, meeting minutes, correspondence, memos, reports, and other confidential information to assist appropriate supervisory and administrative staff member(s).
- Assist with office supply ordering, distribution, and filing, and manage incoming and outgoing mail.
- Contact appropriate individuals for repair and maintenance of office equipment.
- Provide reception; greet and announce clients and visitors to appropriate staff member(s), operate telephone systems, route incoming calls, record, and distribute messages in an accurate, timely, and professional manner as needed.
- Set up FedEx shipments. Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Support and promotes the Sanctuary Model and its Commitments.
MINIMUM EDUCATION EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED and minimum one (1) year office related experience.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) Preferred
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Why Should You Consider Abraxas?
At Abraxas, we celebrate the richness of our diverse employees and the communities we serve. We are actively committed to building a culture of awareness and belonging, as we strive to ensure we are a welcoming, inclusive, and culturally competent organization. As we work to make a difference in people’s lives, we are dedicated to respect, equity, and the engagement of those we serve and our employees. As a provider of trauma-informed care, we firmly believe in recovery and that our clients can lead fulfilling and meaningful lives, and we consider it an honor and a privilege to assist them in their journey.
Whether you’re looking to begin a rewarding career or you’re a seasoned professional wanting a new challenge, we have a place for you and opportunities for development at all levels. At Abraxas, everything we do centers around people. That is why we are committed to providing you with competitive pay and comprehensive benefit options that help make your life easier and healthier, with a focus on providing choice when it comes to physical, emotional and financial wellness. Our benefit options meet you where you are in your life and set you up for success both in and outside of work. If you want to have a positive impact in the lives of others, come join us!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Abraxas Youth Family Services, an affiliate of Apis Services Inc., offers a rewarding career for those passionate about making a difference in the lives of others. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you.
Apis Services, Inc. provides administrative services to a variety of businesses and non-profit agencies so they can focus on their individual goals and missions. Apis serves 30+ affiliates throughout the USA including locations in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Colorado, New Jersey, and North Carolina. We are Hiring and We Want You on Our Team! Thank you for your interest in a rewarding career at Abraxas Youth Family Services. We hope you consider applying for employment with us! If you have any questions, you can contact us by email at [email protected]
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.