Job: Project Foreman
Job Type: Full time, Hourly
Location: Canon City, CO.
ARE YOU READY TO BUILD PROGRESS WITH US?
Driven by our purpose: Building progress for people and the planet. We are transforming to become the global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions. Holcim is enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of its strategy Holcim is becoming a net zero company, with its people and communities at the heart of its success. The company is driving circular construction as a world leader in recycling to build more with less. Holcim is 70,000 people around the world who are passionate about building progress for people and the planet through four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions Products.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Project Foreman performs various tasks to assist the Superintendent and/or Foreman II to complete projects safely, on schedule, and under budget. A Project Foreman should have a good understanding of all tasks that pertain to heavy civil construction.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Communicate and enforce all safety regulations
- Ensure that all company policies are being followed
- Represent the Company, at all times, in a professional manner
- Collaborate with Superintendent, Foreman II, Project Manager, and Field Engineer to understand and set goals of project
- Assist Superintendent on all tasks related to completing project
- Collaborate and coordinate work with operators and laborers on tasks that need to be completed
- Manage supplies, materials, and equipment
- Ensure that all equipment and materials are secure at end of each day
- Mobilize equipment and materials to and from project sites at the request of the Foreman II and/or Superintendent
- Collaborate with Environmental Control Supervisor (ECS), to ensure that project site stays compliant with current environmental requirements
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas
- Practice and promote safety in such a way as including but not limited to assessing risks before starting tasks, only performing authorized activities, utilizing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 2 years of heavy civil construction experience
- Have an understanding of simple surveying.
- Layout and grade checking.
- This position requires extensive travel and overnight stays
- Willing to assist the crew whenever help is needed including carrying out hard labor
- Able to work in extreme temperatures
- Able to work with hand and power tools
- Will stand and walk for long periods of time
- Able to lift and move 75 lb. objects
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.