Job: Process Engineer I
Job Type: Full time, Salaried
Wage: $75,000 - $89.300
Location: Florence, CO.
Why work for us?
Driven by our purpose: Building progress for people and the planet. We are transforming to become the leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions. Holcim US offers an unparalleled range of innovative cement, aggregates, asphalt, concrete products and construction services that have been the foundation for infrastructure projects across the globe. To move the industry forward to a greener future we need people who are passionate about sustainability, are driven to shape and influence perception and keen to build, grow and thrive in our high-performance culture. Are you ready to build progress with us?
About the Holcim Portland Cement Plant
The Portland cement plant is a dry process cement plant since 1996 in Colorado. The plant supplies markets in Colorado, New Mexico, Kansas, Wyoming, Idaho, Texas, Utah and Nebraska. Committed to sustainability, the Portland cement plant is US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Certified. The facility co-processes waste by recovering energy and materials from waste such as scrap tires and used oil to replace some of the fossil fuels and mineral resources used in cement processing.
About the role:
The Process Engineer is responsible for the operational improvements of all aspects of the Plant production and for the computer applications to process controls.
What you'll be doing:
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Analyze operations of the Plant and make recommendations for process improvement including Cost/Benefit Analysis.
- Develop process control automation and computer applications for process control.
- Prepare computer reports on the process of operating efficiencies and failure investigation tests.
- Perform tests on operating plant systems to determine the efficiencies of the equipment.
- Provide assistance to management in maintain the Plant within environmental and quality performance regulations.
- Training shift supervisors for SAP reporting and TIS.
- Responsible for New System Implementation (eg. TIS).
- Perform ISO Audits and involved with Month End activity reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relationships with other jobs
Works closely with the equipment suppliers, plant staff and Process Area Teams to ensure the successful operation of the plant.
Qualifications We're looking for:
Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
Field of Study Preferred: Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Required Work Experience: 0-2 years
Travel Requirements: 10% for training, developmental and potential projects
Required Computer and Software Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
What we Offer...
- Eligible for $10K Sign-On Bonus
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Holistic health well-being programs for physical, mental/emotional and financial health with access to resources and benefits to help focus on staying well through education and prevention
- Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance coverage
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) for health and dependent Care
- Vision and other voluntary benefits and discounts
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity Paternity)
- Educational Assistance Program