Job: Physical Therapist
Job Type: PRN, Hourly
Location: Salida, CO.
The PT - Physical Therapist provides direct rehab care in physical therapy to patients upon physician referral in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited program in physical therapy, BSPT, MSPT, or DPT (2003 or later must have MSPT or DPT)
- Currently registered/licensed in applicable State. Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment.
- One (1) year experience in post acute care or related setting preferred
- CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Specific Job Requirements
- Participates in community health matters/projects as appropriate
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and e mail
- Liaisons with patients, families, support departments, etc., to adequately plan for patient needs
- Must demonstrate good body mechanics at all times
- Make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post acute care facility
- Implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care’s Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Follow physical therapy treatment plans for patients
- Establish, assess, and modify realistic, measurable, timely, and functional goals
- Oversee and evaluate care given by PTAs, Rehab Aides, and PT and PTA students
- Chart appropriately and timely
- Utilize therapy software appropriately and accurately
- Exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Assist in the evacuation of patients
- Demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Read, write, speak, and understand the English language
An Equal Opportunity Employer