Job: Payment Posting Specialist
Job Type: PRN, Hourly
Location: Salida, CO.
HRRMC's Patient Financial Services Department has an opening for a PRN (on call as needed) Payment Posting Specialist! This position is eligible for an 8% pay differential, employer matching retirement plans, employee assistance program, and on site employee gym. Apply on line: www.hrrmc.com
Responsible for the accurate posting of all Insurance and Patient payments into the Hospital and Clinic Systems. Ensures correct posting via electronic remittance advice, manual receipt of payments with appropriate EOB, credit card payments and/or patient payments. Responsible for the timely posting of all adjustment requests submitted, and zero payments from insurance carriers. Responsible for all research and processing of Patient, and Insurance refunds within both Hospital and Clinic Systems.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a negative drug screen test* ( to include medical marijuana) , criminal background check, reference checks, infection prevention procedures (TB test, Flu Shot, immunization records, etc.) and acknowledgement of policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Accurately post all payments received from Insurance, Patients, and other ancillary departments into Hospital and Clinic Systems.
2. Post all zero dollar payments, such as applied to deductible, coverage terminated and give appropriate documentation to research staff for services not paid.
3. Ensure Deposit amounts balance to bank, daily spreadsheet, and posted amounts into both Clinic and Hospital systems, in order to close each day.
4. Perform research to ensure that by the end of each month, all monies received have been researched and posted. Resolve any variances identified by Senior Accountant.
5. Post all approved miscellaneous adjustments received on adjustment sheets.
6. Enter any insurance checks and / or credit cards into the Rycan system which is imperative so that monies can be posted electronically.
7. Research and complete documents needed to resolve outstanding overpayments due to Patients and/or Insurance Carriers from both the Hospital and Clinic systems
8. Performs other duties consistent with the above responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One-year experience, working in a Hospital and/or Physician Office, in registration, billing, and or posting positions
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS None required.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.