Job: Parks and Recreation Representative
Job Type: Part time, Hourly
Location: Salida, CO.
Responsible for all aspects of the front desk operation during each scheduled shift. Serves as a positive interface between the City, the Parks and Recreation department and the public.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. The Parks and Recreation Director or Representative Supervisor retains the right to modify or change the essential and additional functions of the job at any time. This key position at the Aquatic Center is responsible for:
● Manage and update Amelia software
● Assist in information collection and dissemination about Parks and Rec related issues
● Fielding and placing phone calls and emails
● Answering questions about the facility and Salida in general
● Assisting each guest through the admission process
● Keeping inventory well stocked
● Keeping lobby area clean and attractive
● Maintaining a balanced cash drawer for each shift
● Promoting positive public relations with guests and staff
● Complete Special project in the Parks and Rec system
● Attending and participating in all staff meetings and in-service training sessions
● Capable of receiving and implementing oral and written direction from supervisors
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: No supervision is exercised. Position receives supervision from the Representative Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
● Possess strong oral communication skills.
● Ability to resolve customer service issues.
● Ability to work in a fast paced environment
● Ability to perform general maintenance duties.
● Knowledge of and ability to enforce Parks and Recreation policies and procedures.
● Demonstrate a courteous and friendly nature.
● Capable of receiving and implementing oral and written direction from supervisors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Strong customer service skills and experience handling a high volume of cash transactions required.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL CONDITIONS: Working in a warm, humid indoor climate, standing for extended periods of time, exposure to chemically treated water, use of cleaning products, ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, occasional outdoor work. Flexible time demands including days, evenings and weekend work.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.