Job: Optometric Assistant
Job Type: Full time, Hourly
Location: Salida, CO.
To enhance the quality of our patients’ lives by compassionately providing the highest level of care
To be recognized as the eye care center of excellence in the communities we serve
The Para-Optometric Assistant is responsible for working alongside Optometrists and workup patients.
- Accurately transcribe for Optometrists
- Responsible for the disinfection of exam rooms
- Monitor the inventory of samples in the dispensary
- Basic understanding of medical terms, anatomy, pharmacology
- Learn and understand the different eye disorders and components of an eye exam
- Perform clinical errands for front desk, billing and other pods
- Perform specialty testing (OCT/Visual Fields) and the Cycloplegic Auto-Refractor, as needed
- Accurately document patient histories, medications, and chief complaint
- Proficient working knowledge of the following:
- Angle Assessment
- Visual Acuity Assessment
- Begin obtaining the following supplemental skills to advance to Para-Optometric Technician
- EHR Clinical Tasking; Quick and accurate response to tasks
- Prescription renewals and substitutions
- Answer questions from patients and review previous encounters
- Medication Pas
- Communicate with pharmacy
- Frame styling
- Ophthalmic lenses
- Contact lenses
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Contributes to the effective and efficient performance of the department for the practice
- Functions as a productive and positive member of the practice
- Conforms to all RMEC policies and procedures outlined in the Employee Handbook including punctuality, attendance, and dress codes
- Achieves cooperation and teamwork through effective communications and positive relations with staff
- Adheres to the company code of conduct
- Position requires excellent communication skills and an understanding of ophthalmic practice and patient care.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and documentation.
- Must be even tempered, ethical, and good humored.
- Must interface with all RMEC departments, physicians, and personnel.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proven experience in healthcare setting a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license, current auto insurance and a reliable vehicle
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, MVR check, drug screen and OIG
- Must be able to travel to other office locations as needed
PHYSICAL/MENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to carry and lift items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to speak clearly in small group settings
- This position will require sitting for long periods of time, walking, standing, bending, and walking, as well as using fine motor skills, such as finger dexterity for typing, and using small hand tools
- This position could be exposed to loud noises, frequent phone conversations, and requires average to above average visual acuity and hearing
- Most of this job will be spent indoors in a climate-controlled environment
- Must be available to travel to other office locations as needed
FULL BENEFITS PACKAGE FOR ELIGIBLE STAFF:
- Affordable Medical Dental Plans
- No Cost Annual Eye Exams
- Discounts on Frames, Lenses, and Contacts
- Friends and Family Optical Coupons
- Company Paid Life/AD&D and Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life/AD&D and Long-Term Disability
- 401K Safe Harbor Employer Contribution
- Generous Time Off Policy
SALARY RANGE: $20.50 - $23.50 hourly PLUS $250 sign on bonus upon hire AND $250 bonus after 90 days of employment
Rocky Mountain Eye Center, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.