Job: Nursing Home Administrator
Job Type: Full time, Salaried
Location: Salida, CO.
Are you a dynamic leader that is passionate about caring for and serving others? Do you enjoy the great outdoors and the ability to experience some of the most beautiful landscapes in the country? If all of this sounds like your dream job and ideal home, Life Care Centers of America has a great opportunity for you in Salida, Colorado.
The Nursing Home Administrator provides leadership and direction for overall facility operations to provide quality patient care in accordance with all laws, regulations, and Life Care standards. Your duties will including overseeing key areas including financial operations, human resources, customer service, business development, and clinical operations. Implements policies pertaining to patient care, caregiving, and support staff, financial control, public relations, and maintenance of physical plant through consultation with the facility management team. Manages budget to meet facility needs and division goals in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Have a minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Be currently licensed as a Nursing Home Administrator in applicable State.
- Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment
- Three (3) or more years' successful post acute care experience preferred
- Certification with American College preferred (ACHCA)
Specific Job Requirements
- Be able to read and interpret financial records and reports
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post acute care facility
- Have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Ensure facility is compliant with all Federal, State, local, and JCAHO requirements as well as serve as the facility's Compliance Liaison
- Ensure facility is clean and safe for the comfort, convenience and safety of patients, families, and staff
- Serve as effective representative for company so facility is viewed as provider of choice in that community
- Ensure census goals are met
- Prepare and operate within annual budget (approved by RVP and DVP) Effectively supervise team
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
An Equal Opportunity Employer
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.