Job: Nurse Aide in Training- Non Certified
Job Type: Full time, Hourly
Location: Salida, CO.
The Nurse Aide in Training is responsible for providing routine daily nursing care to assigned patients under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse to assure patient safety and attain or maintain the highest practicable physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each patient in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in a State-approved CNA program and may work for a single consecutive period of four (4) months. At the conclusion of the four (4) month period the Nurse Aide in Training must meet the certification requirements to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
- CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Specific Job Requirements
- Patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm as well as willingness to handle difficult patients
- Make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Knowledgeable of nursing practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing nursing functions in the post-acute care facility Implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the nursing department
- Perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Lift, turn, move, position, and transport patients under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse
- Assist patients with baths, showers, personal grooming, feeding, and toileting under the direct supervisor of a licensed nurse
- Accurately document and chart patient care
- Respond to call lights promptly
- Exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Assist in the evacuation of patients
- Demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Lift 35 lbs. floor to waist, lift 35 lbs. waist to shoulder, lift and carry 35 lbs., and push/pull 35 lbs.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.