Job: Member Service Representative I
Job Type: Hourly
Location: Salida, CO.
Actively engages with Members and Non-Members of Aventa Credit Union, meeting needs and matching solutions based on the full spectrum of products and services available, helping to achieve the goals and initiatives set for the Branch and Department. Is responsible for handling monetary and non-monetary transactions with a high level of efficiency and accuracy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to the GREAT Culture of Aventa Credit Union and support in the delivery of service as set by this standard
- Maintain and develop applicable understanding of Aventa’s products and services, policies, procedures, and processes
- Recognize Member needs by identifying solution-based cross-sell opportunities in alignment to goals set
- Open, maintain, and close accounts to include additional, or sub-products, in accordance to applicable procedures
- Assists in the onboarding of New Members
- Maintain a cash drawer and handle negotiable and non-negotiable instruments as defined by Aventa Policies and Procedures
- Properly handle Member and Shared Branch Member requests and transactions including, but not limited to, the following:
o ACH (Automated Clearing House) updates, additions, or cancellations
o Cash Advance / Line of Credit Advance o Cashier’s Check Creation
o Check Cashing o Deposits o History/Statement Printouts
o Internal Funds Transfers o Loan Payments
o Shared Branch (Co-Op) Transactions
o Withdrawals Conduct basic IRA and Health Savings Account transactions, including contributions and withdrawals
- Assist in providing and saving Outgoing Wire Request forms for Members
- Complete Non-Member Check cashing, following applicable OFAC Guidelines
- Verify proper Member and Non-Member identification in accordance to Customer Identification Program (CIP) requirements
- Read, understand, and applicably adhere to messages placed on accounts
- Properly obtain, save, and label documents for Imaging and processing
- Maintain positive relationships with additional departments and effectively communicate, when needed, to meet the needs of the Member identified
- Provide assistance in basic trouble-shooting and question resolution for Members, or ensure they are directed properly to the department or associate that can further assist
- Assist in daily processes, in a supportive role, in the following areas:
o Night Depository
o Mail Deposits
o Safe Deposit Box Access
o Safe Deposit Box Opening and Closing
- Understands and is able to utilize DocuSign to capture Member information and signatures electronically
- Assist in the support of the overall safety and soundness of Aventa Credit Union
- Performs other duties as needed, or as assigned
Will attend all required regulatory training sessions to include but not limited to: BSA/OFAC; CTR SAR; I.T. Security, Robbery training. There may be additional training for regulatory compliance as necessary for the position. Continued education for professional development may/will be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Member Service - Manages difficult or emotional member situations; Responds promptly to member needs; Solicits member feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control;
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience - High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and policies procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Must be able to speak to the membership regarding their accounts. **Spanish speaking a plus**
Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts and basic mathematical equations as applied to financial services
Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills - The Associate should have basic knowledge of the platforms, software and/or applications to successfully perform this job
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Associate must have the ability to drive own vehicle or corporate vehicle. While performing the duties of this Job, the Associate is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The Associate is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The Associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Travel Requirements (Please note travel requirements are required for the SLV Region select positions) Some travel to San Luis Valley/Pueblo/Colorado Springs may be required. Disclaimer The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Aventa offers an excellent benefit package that includes medical and dental with low deductibles, vision insurance, long term and short-term disability, life insurance, 401 (k), flex spending and a variety of optional products (subject to change). In addition, we provide vacation/sick time and paid holidays
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.