Job: Medical Technician
Job Type: Full time, Hourly
Location: Canon City, CO.
We are hiring a full-time Medical Technician at Southern Peaks Regional Treatment Center in Canon City, Co. In this role, you'll join a team helping at-risk adolescents
BUILD BETTER FUTURES.
As a Medical Technician, you will promote good health, treat minor medical problems, respond to medical emergencies, provide first aid, administer medications, and ensure that the medical needs of clients are addressed.
Who We Are:
Abraxas Youth Family Services is a national nonprofit human services provider dedicated to Building Better Futures for at-risk youth, adults, and families. Our diversified array of services includes alternative education, outpatient counseling, in-home services, shelter, detention, residential treatment and re-entry/transition services.
Since 1973, Abraxas team members have positively impacted the lives of those we serve and the communities in which they live.
Benefits & Perks:
We provide a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that offers the protection, peace of mind and flexibility designed to support you – both at home and at work.
- Medical Dental Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) Savings Plan
- Life Assistance Program (LAP)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) * Paid Holidays * Paid Training
- Advancement Opportunities
This position promotes good health, treats minor medical conditions, provides first aid, administers medications and ensures the medical needs of the clients are addressed under the supervision of the Nurse Manger or designated licensed medical staff in the absence of the Nurse Manager.
- Administers prescription and over-the-counter medications, first aid, and triage to clients as needed on the shift.
- Perform visual inspection of medication logs to assure that client medications are administered at scheduled times
- Addresses sick calls and provides treatment under the Physician’s Standing Orders.
- Completes the medical intake process including measuring vital signs and initial health assessments.
- Maintains all medical documentation, medical history, and file on each client and abides by HIPAA compliance rules and regulations.
- Designates appropriate client referrals to the contracted physician.
- Orders and maintains stock of prescription medications, vaccines and medical supplies.
- Performs daily assessment of program medical issues and consults or coordinates with appropriate medical staff member as required to ensure medical department operations are completed.
- Responds to interventions and monitors resident physical status during the intervention.
Why Should You Consider Abraxas?
At Abraxas, we celebrate the richness of our diverse employees and the communities we serve. We are actively committed to building a culture of awareness and belonging, as we strive to ensure we are a welcoming, inclusive, and culturally competent organization. As we work to make a difference in people’s lives, we are dedicated to respect, equity, and the engagement of those we serve and our employees. As a provider of trauma-informed care, we firmly believe in recovery and that our clients can lead fulfilling and meaningful lives, and we consider it an honor and a privilege to assist them in their journey.
Whether you’re looking to begin a rewarding career or you’re a seasoned professional wanting a new challenge, we have a place for you and opportunities for development at all levels. At Abraxas, everything we do centers around people. That is why we are committed to providing you with competitive pay and comprehensive benefit options that help make your life easier and healthier, with a focus on providing choice when it comes to physical, emotional and financial wellness. Our benefit options meet you where you are in your life and set you up for success both in and outside of work. If you want to have a positive impact in the lives of others, come join us!
- Certified as Medical Technician or Medical Assistant in which the program/facility resides.
- One-year related experience in the juvenile field.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Satisfactory completion of background screening and applicable pre-employment checks; including but not limited to employment and/or personal reference and driving records.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Abraxas Youth Family Services, an affiliate of Apis Services Inc., offers a rewarding career for those passionate about making a difference in the lives of others. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Apis Services, Inc. provides shared administrative services, including recruiting and onboarding new team members for over 30+ for profit and non-profit organizations across the USA so they can focus on their all-important missions.
Apis Services Inc. is a progressive corporation with over 3500+ employees nationwide and growing.
Join Us in Building Better Futures! Thank you for your interest in a rewarding career at Abraxas Youth Family Services. We hope you consider applying for employment with us! If you have any questions, you can contact us by email at [email protected]
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.