Job: MDS Coordinator (Registered Nurse/RN)
Job Type: Full time, Hourly
Location: Salida, CO.
The RN MDS Coordinator coordinates and assists with completion and submission of accurate and timely interdisciplinary MDS Assessments, CAAs, and Care Plans according to CMS RAI Manual Regulations and in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university
- Currently licensed/registered in applicable State.
- Must maintain an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing throughout employment.
- Two (2) years’ nursing experience.
- Geriatric nursing experience preferred.
- CRN C Certification (clinical compliance)
- CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Specific Job Requirements
- Advanced knowledge in field of practice
- Make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post acute care facility
- Implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care’s Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Coordinate and assist with completion and submission of interdisciplinary, accurate, and timely MDS Assessments, CCAs, and Care Plans according to CMS RAI Manual Regulations
- Report any changes in a patient’s condition identified by the MDS Assessment to the DON
- Provide education to direct care associates regarding updates or changes to the CMS RAI Manual or Skilled Nursing Facility Regulations that impact documentation
- Assist with review of the Interdisciplinary Comprehensive Care Plan Review Final Validation Reports and attest that all assessments have been completed and accepted into the CMS QIES system prior to billing and notify the Business Office when assessments are not ready to bill
- Review CMS Reports to identify assessments completed or submitted late and develop systems and processes to prevent reoccurrence
- Attend and participate in the Daily PPS Meeting, Monthly Triple Check, and other meetings upon request
- Perform functions of a staff nurse as required
- Exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Assist in the evacuation of patients
- Demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Read, write, speak, and understand the English language
An Equal Opportunity Employer
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.