Job: Maintenance Technician
Job Type: Hourly
Location: Canon City, CO.
Hiring a Maintenance Technician, or Maintenance Mechanic at Southern Peaks Regional Treatment Center in Canon City, Colorado. In this role, you will join a team responsible for keeping our facility operating and repairing any problems when they are discovered before they have a chance to worsen. You will be performing a wide range of repair tasks around our facility.
Who We Are:
Abraxas Youth Family Services is a national nonprofit human services provider dedicated to Building Better Futures for at-risk youth, adults, and families. Our diversified array of services includes alternative education, outpatient counseling, in-home services, shelter, detention, residential treatment and re-entry/transition services.
Since 1973, Abraxas team members have positively impacted the lives of those we serve and the communities in which they live.
We provide a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that offers the protection, peace of mind and flexibility designed to support you – both at home and at work.
- Medical Dental Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) Savings Plan
- Life Assistance Program (LAP)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) * Paid Holidays *
- Paid Training Advancement Opportunities
Maintenance Technician duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Performing routine maintenance around the building such as fixing structural damage, for example, window, door or wall repair
- Repairing broken or leaking plumbing to avoid water damage and restore full use of water fixtures
- Working on damaged electrical wiring when a shortage or severed wire occurs
- Maintaining the building HVAC equipment in order to keep climate control in the facility functioning properly
- Applying preventative measures to the building to reduce the risk of future problems, such as using a sealant on a flat roof
- Fixing potential safety hazards to avoid injuries
- Painting the building when old paint has become faded or chipped
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customer
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, with two years of related experience in the maintenance industry.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license.
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal regulations as they relate to the maintenance industry.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to work with all types of piping (pvc, copper, black iron, etc.) and the necessary tools required by each type.
- Ability to work with various electrical voltages (120, 208, 12, 277) in the various phases (single and three phase).
- Clear oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle loads of up to 50 pounds.
- Stationary Engineer’s license - preferred.
- Proper Refrigerant Practice Certification - preferred.
- Certification from American Refrigeration Institute - preferred.
- Journeyman/Apprentice electrician license - preferred.
- Certification in HVAC from a recognized institution - preferred.
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling based on business demands, including nights, weekends and Holidays as needed.
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen.
Why Should You Consider Abraxas?
- At Abraxas, we celebrate the richness of our diverse employees and the communities we serve. We are actively committed to building a culture of awareness and belonging, as we strive to ensure we are a welcoming, inclusive, and culturally competent organization.
- As we work to make a difference in people’s lives, we are dedicated to respect, equity, and the engagement of those we serve and our employees.
- As a provider of trauma-informed care, we firmly believe in recovery and that our clients can lead fulfilling and meaningful lives, and we consider it an honor and a privilege to assist them in their journey.
- Whether you’re looking to begin a rewarding career or you’re a seasoned professional wanting a new challenge, we have a place for you and opportunities for development at all levels.
- At Abraxas, everything we do centers around people. That is why we are committed to providing you with competitive pay and comprehensive benefit options that help make your life easier and healthier, with a focus on providing choice when it comes to physical, emotional and financial wellness. Our benefit options meet you where you are in your life and set you up for success both in and outside of work.
- If you want to have a positive impact in the lives of others, come join us!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Abraxas Youth Family Services, an affiliate of Apis Services Inc., offers a rewarding career for those passionate about making a difference in the lives of others. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you.
Apis Services, Inc. provides administrative services to a variety of businesses and non-profit agencies so they can focus on their individual goals and missions. Apis serves 30+ affiliates throughout the USA including locations in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Colorado, New Jersey, and North Carolina.
We are Hiring and We Want You on Our Team! Thank you for your interest in a rewarding career at Abraxas Youth Family Services. We hope you consider applying for employment with us! If you have any questions, you can contact us by email at [email protected]
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.