Job: Maintenance Planner
Job Type: Full time, Salaried
Wage: $80,000 - $90,000
Location: Florence, CO.
ARE YOU READY TO BUILD PROGRESS WITH US?
Driven by our purpose: Building progress for people and the planet. We are transforming to become the global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions. Holcim is enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of its strategy Holcim is becoming a net zero company, with its people and communities at the heart of its success. The company is driving circular construction as a world leader in recycling to build more with less. Holcim is 70,000 people around the world who are passionate about building progress for people and the planet through four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions Products.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The primary objective of this position is to improve the efficiency and productivity of the Holcim workforce, service companies contractors. This will be accomplished by providing the employees with detailed job plans, including technical specifications, machinery history, parts and tools lists, and safety procedures in a very organized fashion. As well as by reviewing each work order and job site to insure that the work is reasonable and valid, that no influencing constraints are present and that all the preparatory works are performed before job scheduling.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- The Maintenance Planner is responsible to prepare all planned activities that have to be executed by the Holcim employees, service companies or contractors. In that role, the Planner will work closely with the Maintenance Staff team on the following tasks and responsibilities in order to reinforce the day-to-day preparation and job planning.
- Add pertinent information to the work order, as required, to facilitate the comprehension of the execution team.
- Define clearly the scope of work to be performed. Establish the preparatory work required prior to scheduled equipment down time.
- Develop a detailed job plan with all the work sequences involved to adequately complete the repairs, as well as equipment downtime and man-hours required.
- Determine and list all the safety procedures associated with the work to be performed.
- Develop a tool list specific to the job to be performed.
- Provide a parts list with reference numbers and exact location for every work order and ensure that all required parts are in stock before job scheduling.
- Ensure all technical specifications and special instructions are provided on paper to the Supervisor and tradesmen.
- Determine the cost involved for parts and supplies for each work order.
- Request all non-stock parts and materials as required by the job plan.
- Inform the Lead Planner when a job is ready for scheduling.
- Establish and maintain with the supervisors and the stores department, a system for proper storage of pre- works and parts for pending work.
- Assist in annual budgeting process and monthly forecasting.
- Ensure shutdown plans fall within budgeted costs.
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Education: Bachelor's degree or 6 years of experience
Field of Study Preferred: Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Required Work Experience: 3-6 years in a cement manufacturing or related industry
Required Computer and Software Skills: SAP, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
- Demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to health, safety and environmental policies in all work environments and areas.
- Promote a culture of safety and exhibit these behaviours.
- Successful candidates must adhere to all safety protocols and proper use of Holcim approved Personal Protection Equipment ("PPE"), including but not limited to respirators. Subject to applicable law, employees that are required to wear respirators must be clean shaven where the respirator seal meets the face in order to pass the qualitative and quantitative fit tests.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary Retirement Savings: Choose from 401(k) pre-tax and/or Roth after-tax savings
- Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance coverage
- Holistic Health Well-being programs
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) for health and dependent care
- Vision and other Voluntary benefits and discounts
- Paid time off paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave (maternity paternity)
- Educational Assistance Program
- Dress for your day policy
YOUR HOLCIM EXPERIENCE
At Holcim, there is endless opportunity for you to play your part. Whether you’re in a technical, managerial, or frontline role, you can shape a career that works for you. With us you’ll have the chance to embrace the passion we share for our planet. You’ll be encouraged to seek out diverse perspectives, share your ideas and build the skills and connections you need to perform at your best. Because it’s only when we work together in a culture where everyone thrives, that we can build the world we all want to live in.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please call (773) 355-4557 or email [email protected]. This email address and phone number should only be used for accommodations and not general inquiries or resume submittals.
Driven by our purpose to build sustainable solutions for people and our planet, Holcim US encourages interested candidates who meet many, even if not all of the job requirements to apply for a position. We provide a safe working environment for all and strive for diversity in our teams and inclusivity in our work. We take pride in our hiring processes and our commitment to all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, citizenship, physical or mental disability, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our goal is to drive diversity in our teams and inclusivity in our work. Holcim (US) Inc., Holcim - ACM Management, Inc., and their affiliates and subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer, deciding all employment on the basis of qualification, merit and business need.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.