Job: Local Mechanic
Job Type: Full time, Hourly
Location: Canon City, CO.
Ary Corporation has Local Mechanic positions available for dedicated, efficient, and experienced team members. You'll perform preventative maintenance on machinery and equipment. . Join for great benefits, family owned, and competitive wages.
Mechanics will be responsible for handling maintenance requests on various equipment including paving equipment, trucks, and other various construction equipment. Mechanics must be detail-oriented and possess time management skills. They will work closely with the shop supervisors and other members of management to complete projects. Successful candidates are self-starters, problem solvers, team-oriented, motivated by continuous improvement, and a possess “will do” attitude. Mechanics primarily work 8 - 10 hours per day, 5 days per week. Longer shifts and weekends are to be expected. Work may require out-of-town assignments, where lodging arrangements will be provided.
This position requires working in all types of weather including but not limited to high and low temperatures, wind, snow, and rain. This position is very physical and the selected applicant should be able to lift up to 50 pounds, shovel, climb up and down, use ladders, bend, crawl, stoop, push, pull, reach overhead, and twist as appropriate.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Aflac, PTO, 401k with 3% match
· Assist shop coordinators with repairs of mechanical parts.
· Repair and replace worn parts.
· Inspecting machinery and diagnosing defects.
· Test equipment after repair to ensure performance.
· Perform preventative maintenance on machinery and equipment. Including but not limited to cleaning and lubricating.
· Other various repairs/maintenance.
· Experienced in diesel and/or heavy equipment mechanics
· Must have reliable transportation.
· Ability to pass background, pre-employment, and random drug screens.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Knowledge in mechanical repairs required.
· Experience in construction industry preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Analytical and critical thinking skills.
· Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather
· Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk on uneven terrain
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Ary Corporation is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. Family owned and operated for over 50 years Ary Corporation and its affiliated companies provide general contractor services specializing in heavy highway construction, aggregate processing, and trucking. Headquartered in Canon City, CO we are a leading supplier of construction aggregates and materials serving not only Colorado but the surrounding states. Our ideal candidate is someone with a positive attitude and a desire to learn and become a valuable team member. Want to learn more? Check out our website www.arycorp.com
Ary Corporation is an EEO employer.
Experience and License Requirements
- Experience in construction industry preferred. (optional)
- Valid Driver's License
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.