Job: ICU Monitor Tech
Job Type: PRN, Hourly
Location: Salida, CO.
HRRMC's ICU department has a PRN opening for a Monitor Technician. This position is eligible for an 8% PRN differential. Apply on line at: www.hrrmc.com
Provide advanced ECG while concentrating on monitoring patient status through assessment of ECG strips and arrhythmia interpretation. Possess troubleshooting skills to recognize monitoring the problems, identify probable causes, and seek solutions to correct the problem. Identify and responds to potentially life-threatening rhythm changes, initiate codes, record rhythms during code, continuous EKG monitoring with accurate interpretation of cardiac rhythms and dysrhythmias and interval measurements. Appropriately responding to all monitor alarms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES PER AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY These functions are considered essential for one or more of the following:
1. Knowledge of cardiac rhythms, measurement of PR, QRS, QT, ST segments, and correct lead placement.
2. Documents EKG rhythms, EKG measurements, and EKG changes in the patient record.
3. Maintain constant communication with primary RN and articulate wave patterns using appropriate medical terminology. Trouble shoot with primary RN regarding lead wires off, electrode and battery changes, and proper lead placement to ensure optimal rhythm configuration on the telemetry monitor.
4. Assists in Code Blues, cardioversion, and reprogramming of pacemakers by running monitor strips as appropriate.
5. Maintains and cleans equipment and supplies.
6. Notifies BioMed of all malfunctions and problems with equipment as soon as possible. Notifies Spacelab technical support with clinical access issues.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Successfully pass written arrhythmia exam with score of 80% or better.
- Certified EKG Monitor Tech and successfully pass arrhythmia exam in Relias with score of 100% yearly.
- RN’s and Respiratory Therapist must have ACLS and successfully pass arrhythmia exam in Relias with score of 100% yearly.
- LPN and CNA’s successfully pass arrhythmia course and exam with a score of 80% or better.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Must have and maintain current CPR or BLS certification.
VACCINATION EXEMPTIONS ACCEPTED
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a negative drug screen test*, criminal background check, reference checks, infection prevention procedures (Proof of complete COVID 19 vaccinations, TB test, Flu Shot, immunization records, etc.), physical capacity profile and acknowledgement of policies.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.