Job: Hot Plant Operator
Job Type: Full time, Hourly
Location: Salida, CO.
The Ary Corporation Hard Rock Paving and Redi-Mix team is growing! We are looking for an entry level plant operator to operate and maintain the hot plant. Successful candidates are self-starters, problem solvers, team oriented, motivated by continuous improvement, and possess a “will do” attitude. The plant operator will primarily work 8 - 12 hours per day, 5 days per week and will report to the local area manager. This position is located in Salida, CO.
Pay is dependent on experience and qualifications: $20-30/hr.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Aflac, vacation, sick pay, 401k with 3% match
Essential Job Accountabilities
· Safely start-up and shut down hot plant.
· Adjust controls to regulate flow of materials to and from conveyors, chutes, pumps, mixing and storage bins
. · Ensure the plant is operating at the proper temperature(s).
· Perform inspections of equipment, tools, site, and material.
· Perform general maintenance and repair on plant, machinery, and/or equipment as required.
· Operate mobile equipment including but not limited to front end loader, skid steer, forklift, and dozer as needed.
· Load mix and other aggregate materials into haul trucks and/or bins.
· Collaborate with Quality Control personnel to ensure that mix is produced to required specification.
· Complete various reports including but not limited to daily plant production and inventory reports.
· Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
· Must have excellent verbal, oral, and written communication skills. This job requires the ability to communicate successfully with difficult employees under high stress situations.
· Must have the ability to handle several projects at once, while maintaining tight deadlines.
· This job requires high attention to detail, including the ability to perform basic math calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Comprehension of basis percentages is necessary in order to successfully calculate quantities of materials used to make asphalt.
· Knowledge of or willingness to learn DOT, OSHA, EPA and CDL laws and procedures related to transportation.
· Must demonstrate excellent safety awareness, and a willingness to comply with company policies and safety standards.
· Must have reliable transportation and the ability to travel if needed. Periodic evenings, nights, weekends, and overtime hours are expected.
· Must wear proper attire at all times including safety vests, safety glasses when appropriate, long pants, hard sole/close-toed shoes, and reflect a clean and presentable image.
· Continuous mental and visual attention is necessary to safely and effectively complete work tasks.
· Project a positive and cooperative attitude by maintaining courteous and professional conduct with Supervisors, co-workers, customers, and the general public.
· Valid Driver’s License
· This job requires the ability to lift, pull, and push a minimum of 50 lbs., bend, stoop, kneel, reach, squat twist, and climb heavy equipment several times throughout the day, and balance at heights up to 6 feet from ground level. In addition, you must have the ability to be on your feet regularly and use hands, arms, and legs repeatedly on the job. This includes frequently walking on sloped ground and slippery and uneven surfaces, as well as working in confined areas.
· This job requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
· This job requires the ability to see, whether naturally or with vision correction tools (glasses, contacts).
· This job requires the ability to perform essential job tasks in less than favorable job conditions. These may include but are not limited to:
- Performing strenuous work in varying temperatures, humidity, sand, wind, or other extreme inclement weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Work may be performed in an environment with exposure to extremely hot materials, fuel, fumes, vapors, dust, grease, and oils, as well as loud and/or constant noise and exposure to moving equipment.
Ary Corporation is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. Family owned and operated for over 50 years Ary Corporation and its affiliated companies provide general contractor services specializing in heavy highway construction, aggregate processing, and trucking. Headquartered in Canon City, Colorado we are a leading supplier of construction aggregates and materials serving not only Colorado but the surrounding states. Our ideal candidate is someone with a positive attitude and a desire to learn and become a valuable team member. Want to learn more? Check out our website www.arycorp.com
Ary Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.