Job: Environmental Services Technician
Job Type: Full Time, PRN, Hourly
Location: Salida, CO.
HRRMC has a full-time (40 hrs/week) position in the Environmental Services Department as an Environmental Service Technician working second shift. Hours are Monday - Friday : 3 pm to 11:30 pm. This position offers medical, dental and vision insurance, employer matching retirement plans and paid time off, employee assistance program and on site employee gym. This position is also eligible for a $1000.00 sign on bonus with a year commitment. $1.00/ hour increase will be given after certification is achieved. This position is also eligible for an evening night shift differential.
HRRMC has a PRN (on call as needed ) position available working Environmental Services Department as an Environmental Service Technician. This position is eligible for an 8% pay differential. This position is also eligible for a $1000.00 sign on bonus with a year commitment.
Apply online: www.hrrmc.com
Cleans hospital, clinics, resident rooms, baths, laboratories, offices, halls, and any other areas. Empties trash and recycling, and collects and transports soiled linens to the appropriate area for pick up by the laundry service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES PER AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Proficient in the use of personal protective equipment, universal precautions and processes involving proper cleaning and sanitizing in all areas including but not limited to operating rooms, emergency rooms, exam rooms, laboratories, offices, outbuildings, dorms, hallways, etc.
2. Washes and sanitizes beds, mattresses, walls, ceilings, floors, windows, doors, woodwork, lights and/or any other surfaces that need cleaning.
3. Dusts and polishes furniture, equipment, metalwork, and woodwork.
4. Strips, applies finishes, and buffs hard surface finishes (floors, woodwork, etc.).
5. Cleans all areas of hospital including but not limited to operating rooms, emergency rooms, laboratories, offices, hallways, patient rooms, lounges, locker rooms, work areas, bathrooms, outbuildings (CMOLTC, Learning Center, etc.), lobbies, and stairways.
6. Empties and transports waste containers. Sorts recycling into proper trailer compartments and/or cans.
7. Keeps work areas, storage/utility closets and carts in a clean and orderly condition.
8. Performs security procedures and submits reports as outlined by FM.
9. Notifies FM and/or maintenance workers of equipment malfunctions or repairs; or any problems with operations and customer/staff complaints.
10. Attends all mandatory meetings.
11. Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
12. Must be available for on-call duties as required and be able to respond on-site within one hour of being called.
13. Actively participates in the HRRMC Organizational Strategic plan.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Up to one month related experience or training in like field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Obtain the CHEST (Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Technician) certification within one year of employment and keep the certification during the employment in Environmental Services.
$1000.00 Sign on bonus
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a negative drug screen test*, criminal background check, reference checks, infection prevention procedures (Proof of COVID vaccinations, TB test, Flu Shot, immunization records, negative drug screen), physical capacity profile and acknowledgement of policies.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.