Job: Engineer Internship, Summer 2024
Job Type: Seasonal Internship, Hourly
Location: Florence, CO.
ARE YOU READY TO BUILD PROGRESS WITH US?
Driven by our purpose: Building progress for people and the planet. We are transforming to become the global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions. Holcim is enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of its strategy Holcim is becoming a net zero company, with its people and communities at the heart of its success. The company is driving circular construction as a world leader in recycling to build more with less. Holcim is 70,000 people around the world who are passionate about building progress for people and the planet through four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions Products.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As we continue to look for more sustainable ways to build, we need world-class talent to join our team. We are seeking an Engineer Intern for Summer 2024 who is passionate about sustainability, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture. This opportunity will be a 10-week, paid internship beginning May 28th, 2024 through August 2nd, 2024.
This internship opportunity will be located at our cement plant in Florence, CO.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
As an Engineer Intern at our cement plant, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the field of cement production and work closely with our team of experienced engineers and professionals.
- Gain knowledge about the operating procedures, process control plans and various products at one of our Cement plants.
- Promote and maintain a culture of safety by adhering to safety protocols and actively participating in safety-related activities.
- Work hands on within the cement plant on a daily basis focuses on projects that will consist of: process improvement and optimization, mechanical design and installation, quality management, sustainability, and health and safety.
- Understand and learn various mechanical, maintenance, and production operations within the cement plant.
- Collect and analyze data related to cement production, quality control, and environmental performance.
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining product quality by conducting tests and inspects on raw materials and finished products.
- Utilize various skill sets/knowledge during day-to-day operations and to achieve team/company goals.
- Create a presentation at the end of your internship to executive leadership regarding what you have learned and what you believe you have contributed to the business.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program majoring in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar field.
- Strong academic performance.
- Geographic flexibility.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
- Team oriented and able to work with all levels of the organization.
- Willing to spend time out in the field getting to know the business first hand.
Schedule and Environment:
- This is an onsite role; the intern will be expected to be onsite Monday - Friday and work an 8-hour shift (40 hours per week is mandatory).
- In this internship position, you will be working in a cement manufacturing/production environment.
- Within this environment, you will be exposed to moving mechanical equipment, airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and more.
- You will be responsible for your own transportation to and from your worksite for the summer.
- Throughout the duration of your internship, you may be required to travel for site tours, shadow experiences, or intern events.
Benefits of our Internship:
- Experience within the building materials industry.
- Mentorship and professional development training throughout the summer.
- A culture that promotes diversity, teamwork, work/life balance, and recognition.
- Learn about the industry from all levels of Holcim US management.
- Potential opportunity, upon graduation, for full-time employment with a successful, fast-growing company!
YOUR HOLCIM EXPERIENCE
Holcim offers endless opportunities for you to play your part. Whether you’re in a technical, managerial, or frontline role, you can shape a career that works for you. With Holcim you’ll have the chance to embrace the passion we share for our planet. You’ll be encouraged to seek out diverse perspectives, share your ideas and build the skills and connections you need to perform at your best. Because it’s only when we work together in a culture where everyone thrives, that we can build the world we all want to live in.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.