Job: Deputy- Detention
Job type: Hourly
Location: Canon City, CO
- Actively supports and upholds the stated mission and values of Fremont County and the Sheriff’s Office.
- Protects the well-being of prisoners and ensures the protection of inmates' constitutional rights in the custody of the Sheriff at the Fremont County Detention Facility.
- Performs routine work in the safekeeping of prisoners and oversees them in their quarters and during transport.
- Serves as a representative of the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office, demonstrating a positive attitude and progressive actions through a display of professionalism, courtesy, and appropriate tact and discretion in all interactions with other employees, inmates, and the public.
- High school diploma or general education degree; or one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license required.
- First Aid/CPR and Arrest Control certifications are taught by the FCSO and must be maintained throughout employment.
- Minimum age is twenty-one (21).
- Must pass post offer, pre-employment drug screen for illegal and prescription drugs including cannabis; pre-employment physical and medical clearance; a background investigation and integrity interview; and successfully complete the Pre-Service Training Program upon employment.
Applications will be processed as received until positions are filled.
How to Apply:
Complete County Application by the closing date and time.
Submit a hard copy to address or fax number above, or electronically at www.fremontco.com, follow the instructions on the Employment Opportunities link.
Ensure you submit any additional information requested in this posting.
Incomplete applications will not receive consideration.
Applicants selected to participate in the interview process will be the only candidates contacted.
Fremont County is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering an extensive benefits package of health, dental and life insurance to all employees working 30 or more hours per week. Additional optional benefits of accident and critical illness plans, voluntary term life insurance, whole life insurance, Flexible Spending Account, short/long term disability plan, an Employee Assistance Program and Legal Shield options. Vacation, Sick Leave and paid holidays earned based on type of appointment. Mandatory participation, after 12 months of employment, into the Colorado Retirement Association of 3% with equal match. Optional 457 plan.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.