Job Type: Full time, Hourly
Location: Leadville, CO.
Work Year: 175 days – follows LCSD Calendar school year PLUS EXCELLENT BENEFITS (PTO, Health, Dental, Vision, etc.)
Department: Kitchen Reports To: Head Cook and Food Service Director
Start Date: ASAP – January 25, 2023
Prepare food, clean kitchen, and serve meals to students; following all Federal and Safety guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with preparation of breakfast, lunch and a la carte foods.
- Serve breakfast, lunch and a la carte foods.
- Clean up after breakfast and lunch, including cleaning dishes, counters, and floors.
- Assist with preparation of breakfast.
- Clean up after breakfast, including washing dishes.
- Perform minor book work, including taking names and money for free and reduced lunch Program
- Perform additional cleaning and food preparation duties, including catering
- Prepare for the next day’s menu by taking food out of the freezer.
- Stock incoming inventory.
- Substitute for others if they are unable to work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
High School Diploma or GED equivalent, vocational school, or equivalent on-the-job training or short term courses
1 to 2 years’ experience in related fields preferred, must have experience with food measurements, knowledge of reading recipes and following instruction of recipes. Must have knowledge in industrial kitchens and proper food handling.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EQUIPMENT
- Basic math, writing, and reading skills.
- Operating knowledge of commercial slicer, mixer, dishwasher, and garbage disposal preferred at hire;
- Temperature taking, school food service regulations and operation required within 2-4 weeks after hire.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Food Handler Certificate preferred at hire.
SUPERVISION/TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITY This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING Daily work is assigned by Head Cook based on the daily menu. Requires independent judgment and ability to follow instructions to follow recipes and to prepare the appropriate amounts of food. Decision making is guided by standardized recipes following federal guidelines for nutrition. Decision making requires collaboration with Head Cook. Errors in decision making, following food preparation guidelines and standards, and/or operating equipment could impact students, building staff, kitchen staff, and public health, nutrition, and/or safety, and/or impact the public image of the District’s food service program. Supervisor is occasionally involved in decision making. While performing and job in the kitchens all HACCP rules and regulations regarding temps , safety and sanitation must be followed.
DIVERSITY OF DUTIES require cross training in organization, safety, and personal hygiene. Duties extend within the assigned building. The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
MENTAL FUNCTIONS While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to compare, analyze, communicate, copy, coordinate, instruct, compute, synthesize, evaluate, use interpersonal skills, compile, and negotiate. LCSD is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply:
● Internal candidates (LCSD Employees), please submit a transfer request to Maria Lizardo, Food Service Director or Kathleen Fitzsimmons, HR Manager.
● External candidates, please submit a Classified Employee Application, letter of interest and resume to Maria Lizardo, Food Service Director or Kathleen Fitzsimmons, HR Manager.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.