Job Type: Full time, Hourly
Location: Salida, CO.
The Cook prepares and serves quality meals for patients in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One (1) year experience in food preparation preferred
- Experience in preparing and cooking food in large quantities
Specific Job Requirements
- Make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post acute care facility
- Implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care’s Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Prepare and serve meals that are appetizing in both taste and appearance, and appropriate for each patient
- Knowledgeable of ordered diets as well as food consistency
- Ensure food and supplies for the next meal are readily available
- Serve meals and snacks in a timely manner
- Utilize production tools and recipes provided to prepare meals and snacks
- Exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Assist in the evacuation of patients
- Demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Read, write, speak, and understand the English language
An Equal Opportunity Employer
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.