Job: Construction Coordinator
Job Type: Full time, Hourly
Location: Canon City, CO.
Under close supervision, responsible for managing small-scale residential Hybrid Fiber Coaxial (HFC) construction projects, including validating current plan design based on company records, and gathering relevant information regarding scope of work and costs related to small line extensions, cable replacements, drop road bores and MDU lockbox replacements. Design line extensions layout by calculating loss and gain characteristics of cable passive and active devices and provide red-line to Design. Coordinate basic construction projects through in-house labor for building, repairing and maintaining HFC. Ensure quality of work performed meets established technical standards and company policies.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Coordinate basic construction projects for building, repairing and maintaining HFC.
- Coordinate with engineers and developers in designing the plant by performing site surveys of as-built and proposed projects and complete associated red-line documentation.
- Design line extensions layout by calculating loss and gain characteristics of cable passive and active devices.
- Draw and sketch installation of HFC and location of equipment such as amplifiers, power supplies and cables; complete material orders needed for planned construction.
- Complete bill of materials, cost estimates (PO and CPR) and order materials needed for approved planned construction for line extensions, rebuilds, reworks, or other projects.
- Ensure map databases are updated with any system changes per company design specifications.
- Prepare system maps and/or print packages for distribution.
- Perform construction inspections for quality control in accordance with Technical Quality Assurance (TQA) standards.
- May be required to work an on-call rotation as business needs dictate.
- Occasionally required to work overtime as the business needs dictate.
- Ability to work weekends or a second shift as the business needs dictate.
- Coordinate permitting and make ready process.
- Respond to customer concerns.
- Communicate with Project Manager or designated supervisor regarding concerns about construction progress.
- Perform emergency locates as necessary.
- Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Know, understand and follow company policies.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, and suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Ability to use the following hand tools: electric drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers
- Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment, including gaffs, ladders, and fully loaded tool belts
- Ability to safely use weight-bearing equipment (such as gaffs, safety harness and ladders) within the maximum weight limitations of that equipment
- Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 32 ft. high and 90 pounds)
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting
- Ability to read general system layouts from blueprints
- Ability to operate appropriate computer or test equipment associated with position (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters, etc.)
- Ability to perform job from high places (i.e. poles and roofs)
- Ability to work while standing 50-70% of the time
- Ability to work with small components and wires to make cable connections
- Ability to use handheld communication devices and applications
- Ability to dig in all types of soil
- Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to operate machinery used for underground/overhead cable installation
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to use personal computer, mobile device and software applications
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and electronics
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Knowledge of National Electric Code and National Electrical Safety Code
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCTI, SCTE, BCT/E) preferred
Related Work Experience Number of Years
- Maintenance Technician or equivalent work experience 1+
- Construction work experience preferred
Certifications and/or Licenses
Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record within company required standards
Office and field environment Work indoors in confined space, poorly ventilated areas such as attics, basements, crawlspaces and/or manholes Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, rodents, pets, and cleaning solutions Work outdoors in all kinds of weather and at all times of the day or night Work performed near power lines and electricity Work performed at various heights above ground on telephone/power poles Work and travel in inclement weather Work in commercial or factory type environments
EOE Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Here, employees don’t just have jobs, they build careers. That’s why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life. The pay for this position has a salary range of $20.00 to $36.75. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.
Get to Know Us
Charter Communications is known in the United States by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Internet®, TV, Mobile and Voice, Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, you’re joining a strong community of more than 93,000 individuals working together to serve more than 32 million customers in 41 states and keep them connected to what matters most. Watch this video to learn more. Who You Are Matters Here We’re committed to growing a workforce that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement. EOE, including disability/vets. Learn about our inclusive culture.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.