Job: Certified Surgical Technologist
Job Type: PRN, Hourly
Location: Canon City, CO.
Welcome to Centura Health
At Centura Health, we’re on a mission to heal individuals and uplift communities. We have locations throughout Colorado, Utah, and western Kansas, giving you opportunity to grow your career and impact the communities you serve. We deliver the same high standard of care to our employees as we do to our patients. With 25 hospitals, home care and hospice care, medical clinics, flight care, telehealth and over 100 physician practices, join us where your opportunities are endless!
Flourishing Begins Here
We are offering a $20,000 Sign on Bonus to qualified external applicants with at least Six months of direct CST experience!
* You may also be eligible for up to an additional $8,000 in relocation incentives based on your location!*
*You Must be hired into a full time or part time position to be eligible, some exclusions may apply.
Centura Health is known for its leading surgical services, state-of-the-art, minimally-invasive procedures and the best in robotics technology. Here, you'll work in partnership and learn from exceptional physicians and incredible nurses that value your skills and share a passion for innovation and outcome excellence. A surgical tech or SPD role at Centura Health is not just an opportunity to be a difference-maker, it's the chance to harness the knowledge, support and potential that surrounds you.
As a Surgical Tech/Scrub Tech with Centura Health you will:
- Works under the supervision of the surgeon and RN.
- Assist surgical team during operative procedures by arranging and inventorying sterile set-up of instruments, equipment and supplies for surgical cases and passing items to surgeons and nurses as needed.
- Assist in preparing and moving patients and sterilizing and cleaning instruments, equipment and rooms.
Day to Day duties:
- Scrub on all cases.
- Mix of Surgical, Endoscopy and infusion.
- Lots of Ortho, Gen, OB/GYN, urology and podiatry.
- Associates are cross trained for all services, no specialized service Teams.
- Giving breaks and/or providing additional supplies and sterile instruments as needed during operations.
- Assisting with Room turnover and obtaining supplies for next day’s cases.
- Maintain Sterile field during procedures while handing instruments to surgeons, anticipating surgeon’s needs.
- Maintaining and updating preference cards.
- 5 OR Suites, 10SDS, 7PACU Bays, 5 infusion and GI Rooms Approx.
- 10-20+ cases per Day
Schedule- 40hrs/wk-Days- Variable shift per surgical volume and current unit needs
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- Basic Computer skills required.
- One year of experience in a surgical setting preferred.
- Experience in a specialty field preferred.
- HS Diploma/GED required
- Completion of an approved Surgical Technician program required
- BLS from the American Heart Association required
- Current registration with the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) as a surgical technologist for associates working in Colorado. * A person performing Surgical Tech functions within the scope of another Colorado license, certification, or registration does not need to register as a Surgical Tech required
- Certification in Surgical Technology from the National Board Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or Certification as a Tech in Surgery (CST) from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) required
- Call required-Average 9-11 call shifts in a 6 week schedule block
- 20min callback radius required
Physical Requirements-Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health’s connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
The Surgery department at St. Thomas More Hospital has ten SDS (Same Day Surgery) beds, seven PACU (Post Anesthesia Care Unit) beds, five Infusion Center rooms, two GI lab rooms and five OR suites. Our patient mix is surgical, endoscopy and infusion. Our department is made up of a dedicated team with excellent relationships between the associates and the surgeons. We are proud of our excellent surgical outcomes.
“For the OR RN/ CST position we are looking for candidates that are true team players, passionate about the OR and patient care and safety. We’re a small critical access facility with 5 OR Suites,10 SDS, 7 PACU Bays 5 infusions rooms, GI Rooms. We average about 10+ Cases per day doing lots of Ortho, Gen, OB/GYN, urology and podiatry. Team players are a must- its “all hands-on deck” with room turn-overs and helping restock/ set up for next day’s cases. Previous OR experience is preferred but for the right candidate will train new grads” Hiring Manager- Shannon H.
Caring for Your Whole Well Being
At Centura, we offer incredible benefits that impact mind, body, and spirit to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and include Health Insurance Plan Options, Dental, Vision, 401K with generous matching, a Daycare FSA that includes a company contribution, Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan Forgiveness and so much more! While you are applying be sure to also consider our generous benefits packages as part of your overall compensation!
Everyone Thrives Here
You’re different, and we love it. Your perspectives, your ways, what you are on a mission to go and do – we’re all different at Centura Health, but we’re also all equally connected and supported. We are here to cultivate YOU in an environment which not only lifts you up, but propels you forward. To help you thrive, we take pride in providing exceptional benefits to support a healthy work, home, and life balance. Be sure to consider our generous company benefits package as part of the total compensation for this role.
Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled. Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment health and drug screen and background check.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.