Job Type: Full time, Hourly
Location: Buena Vista, CO.
The Buyer works with the Purchasing Manager and other members of the supply chain team to ensure timely receipt of raw materials, consumables, and other goods to support production. This role requires agility in responding to changing market conditions and monitoring inventory levels. The Buyer will make purchasing decisions based on a variety of business technology and visual signals, execute the release of purchase orders to suppliers to maintain production schedules and material control practices, handle supplier management, returned goods processes, and will work with both Fading West Staff and suppliers to ensure the timely delivery of goods.
- Work with Fading West Staff to execute Purchase Orders in a timely manner to ensure that goods are delivered on time.
- Support the procurement of materials including order placement, expediting and discrepant material solutions.
- Communicate and update lead times for items purchased to Supply Chain and Production Staff.
- Mitigate material shortages through direct involvement with design, production, and supply chain personnel.
- Work with Suppliers to get updates on open Purchase Orders and communicate expected deliveries with Supply Chain and Production Staff.
- Update ERP purchasing software as needed to support production.
- Identify potential material and planning issues, escalate, investigate, and recommend/initiate corrective actions.
- Participate in daily management meetings communicating priorities, goals, critical material planning updates and corrective actions
- Communicate with vendors on open and future purchase orders to get updates on tracking information, lead times, pricing, etc.
- Maintain data ERP/MRP data integrity.
- Material forecasting and planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with buying and/or planning in a production environment.
- Experience working in the manufactured home industry is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in business is a plus.
- Experience with Lean processes and tools is a plus.
- Working knowledge of ERP Systems.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and solve problems.
- Ability to create and execute systems.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Strong in ownership, accountability, and pride in work.
- In-Person (this position cannot be performed remotely).
- This role requires signing a confidentiality agreement, intellectual property rights agreement, and non-compete and non-disclosure agreement.
- Background check results that meet Fading West’s standards.
- Reference check that speaks to the positive character of the applicant.
- May be required to regularly stand, sit, or walk for long periods of time, lift or carry more than 50 pounds, climb/balance on stairs or ladders, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Must be competent and comfortable in basic computer skills and navigating modern technology.
Hourly Rate Range: $24.00 to $33.65 per/hour (Rate commensurate with experience) Fading West rigorously adheres to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-201(1)
BENEFITS Offered to all full-time employees (30+ hours/week)
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 80% of monthly premiums paid by employer
- Choose between two plans:
- High deductible plan with HSA
- Low deductible plan
- Direct Primary Care Medical Option
- Yearly health and physical fitness stipend of $250
- Discounted rate at the local gym
401(k) Retirement Plan
- 4% employer match
Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Vacation (2 weeks per year)
- Personal days
- Sick days
- Paid holidays
Fading West Development LLC and all its wholly owned subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.