Job: Bilingual Care Coordinator
Job Type: Full time, Salaried
Location: Leadville, CO.
The bilingual Wraparound Care Coordinator is responsible for conducting screening, intake, assessment and providing care coordination and/or case management to eligible children and families. The Bilingual Care Coordinator is responsible for delivering care coordination/case management services utilizing the practice models implemented at the Lake County Wraparound Program including but not limited to High Fidelity Wraparound, and Individualized Service Support Teams. They are responsible for engaging families and service providers in the process following the values and principles of the practice models utilized. The bilingual care coordinator strives to support families in managing their own services and supports and strengthening their natural and social support systems
General Duties and Responsibilities Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Under the supervision of the Lake County Wraparound Supervisor the Bilingual Care Coordinator screens, assesses and completes an intake of program eligible children.
- Ensures confidentiality is maintained with all families.
- Facilitates High Fidelity Wraparound Team Meetings and Individualized Service Support Team Meetings in order to create care plans for children, youth and families referred to the program
- Works to engage families in the process of their team meetings and works to ensure that children youth and families have voice and choice in the process and in the creation of their care plans.
- Links families to services and resources as identified in their team meeting process and care plans and assists to navigate those services and resources.
- Meets regularly with the family and their team to confer with family and team members, assess progress, and make appropriate referrals.
- Documents all progress and contacts in the child’s record.
- Maintains complete, accurate and timely records such as contact notes and care plans on each child and family.
- Enters all required data into established data management systems or data tracking systems.
- Conducts Outreach services to community agencies, schools, community centers and other agencies where families and children may come in to contact with services.
- Collaborates with services providers to identify and address barriers to care coordination
- Maintains professional working relationships with other community social service agencies and related programs in order to have a strong referral and resource network for families.
- Participates in all Quality and Performance Improvement Activities including the collection of fidelity data.
- Works and communicates with the Family Support partner to ensure families have peer to peer support throughout the process.
Supervisory Responsibilities Not applicable
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent from an accredited university or college required or at least two years of work experience with children and families.
- Other: Bilingual in Spanish and English able to speak fluently with adequate reading and writing skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to relate to children and families in a positive manner, ability to extend emotional support to families in crisis with a non-judgmental attitude offering compassion and strength in an objective manner.
- Leadership qualities to include the ability to give direction and to work cooperatively with peers and accept direction as needed.
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to access needed services for families.
- Must have own vehicle and have reliable transportation at all times, able to maintain insurance and registration on vehicle and possess and maintain a good driving record.
- Travel Time: 30-50%
- Proficiency in English and Spanish required.
Physical Activity & Work Environment
Physical activity includes sitting, standing, walking, and other general activities within an office setting.
Lake County Benefits - Full-Time Employees
As a reflection of the value we place on the contributions of our employees, the County offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Please review the 2023 Benefits Guide for full details. The Guide provides information on Lake County Government's benefit offerings, including:
- Employer-Sponsored Medical and Dental Insurance Plans
- 100% Employer Paid Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Employer-Sponsored Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 100% Employer Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 100% Employer Paid Term Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- 401(a) and 457(b) Employer Matched Retirement Plans
- Paid Vacation,
- Sick Leave, Personal Days and Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Public Health Emergency Leave
- Discounts on concerts, major sporting events, electronics, travel, cars and more!
Lake County Benefits - Part-Time Employees
Lake County is also proud to offer paid sick time off, Public Health Emergency Leave, and flexible work schedules for our part-time employees.
Lake County is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Assistance or accommodation during the application process due to a disability is available upon request.
Notice of Emergency/Disaster Responsibilities
All Lake County Employees may be required to work as a Disaster Service Worker when a local declaration of emergency or disaster is declared by the Board of County Commissioners.
Please note that this job description does not intend to cover or contain a full comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.