Job: Aerial Operations Supervisor
Job Type: Seasonal, Full time, Hourly
Location: Buena Vista, CO.
Zipline Expected Trip Range: $46.00 -$62.00 per trip/DOE
Via Ferrata Expected Trip Range: $55.00 - $74.00 per trip/DOE
Hourly Work: Any hourly work will be compensated at $16.00/hour
Looking to make adventure your job? Why not work for the best adventure guide company in the state of Colorado. AVA has several locations that all offer their own unique opportunities and activities (so much more than rafting and ziplining). Employees enjoy consistent work where they help make lifetime memories for their guests every day. The good times don't stop on your days off as AVA employees can experience any of our activities they want for free or even rent out company equipment on their own free of charge.
Make incredible mountain peaks, towers of granite, and rushing rivers your office. Our positive and energetic culture have led countless guides to friends and memories that last a lifetime. There are even opportunities for year-round employment through our sister companies, Breckenridge Ski Sport and Peak 1 Express. What are you waiting for? Adventure awaits.
- Up to 10% End of Season Bonus
- Free Adventure Trips with AVA
- Free Shared Shuttle Services with Peak 1 Express
- Free Ski, Snowboard and Bike Rentals with Breckenridge Ski Sport
- Employee Campground Offered at Buena Vista Location
- Year-round work opportunities available through AVA, Peak 1 Express and Breckenridge Ski Sport
- Health Insurance & 401(k) offered to full-time, year-round employees
- Rec Center Access Offered at Idaho Springs Location
- ProForm Deals Available to All Employees
- Discounts for Friends Family on AVA Adventure Trips
- Discounts for Friends Family on Peak 1 Express Services
Oversee daily operations on the Zipline Course and Via Ferrata. This position is responsible for ensuring the safety and exceptional experience for guests and employees. To supervise and ensure the implementation of all aspects of AVA's land-based activity operations at the Buena Vista Outpost.
- Become proficient with Adventure Res., AVA’s reservation software.
- Perform daily inspections and maintain daily inspection logbook.
- Report any issues to the Aerial Operations Manager for any disciplinary actions.
- Update and manage weekly log for equipment inspection
- Schedule daily zip guide trips, as well as budget minded scheduling
- Participate in SCRUM within the department
- Observe seasonal staff expectations
- Accident/Near Miss-response and reporting
- Investigation/ Training
- Act as the Manager On-Duty (MOD) during the time the Aerial Operations Manager is not present
- Work with operations manager on-site to address any guest service issues that arise during MOD shift
- Understand and serve the companies best interest and goals
- Enforce AVA Rafting Zip line policies
- Facilitate communication between staff and management
- Develop long term strategies for increasing efficiency within AVA Rafting Zip line
- Address upset guests and guest service issues with the goal of turning each interaction into a happy return customer
- Understand and exemplify AVA core values, vision and mission
Required Experience & Skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively across departments
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to interact in a friendly and comfortable manner with coworkers and guest
- Extremely detail oriented
- Team oriented
- Must be available for weekends and holidays
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Possess current First Aid and CPR certifications
- At least 18 years of age
If you are interested in joining the AVA Team this summer, then please apply today!
AVA strives to deliver the very highest level of guest service while bringing awareness and understanding of the surrounding wilderness to our guests. As leaders in our industry, we set examples in safety, professionalism, outdoor skills and guest service, while providing low-impact environmental recreation. Apply Today!
AVA Rafting Zip Line is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.