Job: Technician – Fiber Design and Staking
Visionary Broadband seeks a qualified individual to fulfill the role of Technician – Fiber Design This full-time, hourly position will join the Fiber team at Visionary Broadband, a division of Visionary Communications, Inc., one of the top service providers in the region. The position will be based out of Canon City, CO; with ability to travel to core markets within Colorado, and Wyoming as needed.
As the Fiber Design Technician you will work closely with a lead Fiber Engineer to fulfill designs and bring projects to completion, as well as work on existing Visionary fiber systems. This includes, but is not limited to, basic network design, inputting information into key systems, review of fiber plant builds, bill of material creation, some material management, answering project-related questions, site visits, and other tasks assigned by the lead Engineer.
A candidate may have some understanding and experience of telecom OSP principles and procedures, primarily in a fiber-based environment. A strong candidate will bring a desire to learn, knowledge of GIS-based platforms, and good communications abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with a team of experienced engineers to design fiber builds both small and large, including contributing to and making decisions on fiber brands, sizes, types, counts, and placement
- Visit and maintain head ends and central offices as directed by fiber team.
- Create tracking documentation for elements of fiber projects such as inventory, construction, and more, in conjunction with a project management team and within project management software(s)
- Input mapping data as directed by a lead Engineer
- Perform on-site field work, including measuring, picture taking, pole analysis, and more
- Strong emphasis on accountability and action-item-follow-through specifically related to the deployment of fiber OSP projects
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure overall project success
- Comply with and respond to federal, state, and local regulations
- Successfully close out projects and define successes and opportunities for future projects to include process and operational improvement
- High school diploma or equivalent education experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills and must be detail oriented
- Good knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, as well as ability to quickly learn and work within proprietary computer applications.
- Flexibility to work outside of standard 8am-5pm hours and be willing to travel on a limited basis.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrated problem solving abilities
- This position requires sitting to complete work with a computer using a variety of software & GIS applications and telephone.
- 60%+ / - of the time will be spent walking and standing in the field with various weather conditions, as well as occasional lifting and / or carrying and / or pushing / pulling of items less than 25lbs.
- Visual and audio acuity is essential to this position.
- Visionary is often on the cutting edge of new technology deployments and works in a multitude of different situations with many different entities. A successful candidate will be a critical thinker, willing to both come up with new solutions and work with existing team members to collaborate on a best way forward in unique situations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, marital status, parental status, Pregnancy or maternity status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status or reassignment, veteran's status, political affiliation, age or disability. Or any other status protected by applicable Federal, State or local law.
NOTE: Visionary Communications conducts a thorough pre-employment background check including employment history, compensation verification (W-2/Paystubs), education verification and criminal background. Additionally, some positions require drug testing, review of driving records, credit checks, as well as the ability for the candidate to pass the federal governments “Public Trust” background screening. The omission and/or misrepresentation of any fact from or on any application, resume, cover letter, or other information provided in connection with the application process or during any interview will result in immediate rejection of such application or, if the applicant is hired, will be cause for immediate dismissal.
Visionary Communications, Inc. is an EEO Employer- Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans.