Job: Seasonal Registered Nurse ED/ACU
Job Type: Full time, Hourly
Location: Leadville, CO.
Assumes responsibility and accountability for facilitating, communicating, and collaborating with both the healthcare team, and the patient/family to identify and meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient. Promotes the optimal health, well-being and safety of the patient through use of the nursing process and in accordance with patient care standards, guidelines and the State Nurse Practice Act. Demonstrates personal accountability for relationship-based care, organizational mission, and core values. Please review specific addendum, if applicable.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Associate Degree in Nursing required.
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing preferred.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Two (2) years’ experience in critical care (ICU or ER) Nursing skills, knowledge, and abilities specific to specialty.
- Current Colorado RN license / Current RN license from a participating state in the National Licensure Compact.
- Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS certifications from American Heart Association are required.
- Current TNCC certification is preferred.
- Current CEN certification is preferred.
- NRP certification is preferred.
Familiarity with electronic medical records systems.
- Initiates standards of care based on chief complaint and the Emergency Severity Index while adhering to policy.
- Coordinates care of patient with the provider and ancillary departments.
- Stock and clean Emergency Department rooms and specified areas.
- Participate in designated quality initiatives and assignments as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Patient Family Centered Care
- Assess patient’s physical, psychosocial, cultural and spiritual needs through observation, interview, review of medical records clinical data.
- Evaluates patient’s response and intervenes to ensure optimal patient outcome.
- Develop and implement patient plan of care and observe outcomes in accordance with nursing standards and in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate competency in a variety of therapeutic/diagnostic interventions including but not limited to IV’s, incision/wound care, medication administration, catheterization and specimen collections.
- Promote, advocate and collaborate to protect the health and safety and rights of each patient.
- Provide patient/family education through assessment of patient/family learning, readiness, needs, and ability
- Provide patient teaching and evaluate effectiveness of teaching.
- Recognize the patient or designee as a full partner in providing compassionate and coordinated care based on respect for the patient’s preferences, values and needs.
- Develop relationship-based care in which the nurse strives to understand what is most important to the individual and actively engage him/her in all aspects of care. This care will be delivered with respect for cultural differences and the diversity of human experience.
- Adapts to rapidly changing technology as evidenced by competency in technology and equipment used in the patient care setting.
- Thorough and confidential maintenance of patient charts and records.
- Document ongoing status, interventions, patient response and outcomes in accurate, timely manner.
- Use information technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision-making.
- Delegates to non-RN personnel in accordance with State Board of Nursing and hospital policy.
- Effectively uses time, personnel, equipment and supplies to provide high quality, cost effective patient care.
- Professional role model for all staff demonstration ethical/legal/professional nursing process.
- Manages resources and patient flow through matching nursing competencies with individualized patient’s and unit needs.
- Uses standards of care, hospital policies/ procedures and regulatory guidelines to guide practice.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Function effectively within nursing and inter-professional teams, fostering open communication, mutual respect, and shared decision-making to achieve quality patient care.
- Precepts/ mentors new staff or nursing students as needed.
- Attends 75% of staff meetings including training meetings.
- Verbalizes an understanding of the value of measurement and the importance of continuous quality improvement data.
- Use quality measures to improve performance and accountability for patient outcomes, patient experiences and safe delivery of care.
- Participate in unit-based Quality improvement, evidence-based practice and research activities.
- Use current healthcare research findings and other evidence to expand clinical knowledge, enhance role performance, and increase knowledge of professional issues.
- Consistently utilizing provided resources to learn and reference facility policy.
- Seeks out learning opportunities and continuing education.
- Seeks experiences that reflect current practice in order to maintain skills and competence in clinical practice or role performance.
- Maintains professional records that provide evidence of competency and life-long learning.
- Evaluates one’s own integrity and nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations.
- Takes action to achieve goals identified during the evaluation process.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the organization through ongoing participation at the hospital and unit based meetings.
- Completes hospital required training annually and any additional training as requested or required by nursing leadership.
* This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES AND ANNUAL REQUIREMENTS AS REQUIRED FOR THE JOB:
- Annual HOSPITAL JOB SPECIFIC Skills Competencies
- Annual CONTINUING Education
- INFLUENZA VACCINE POSITION
(MINIMUM) REQUIREMENT CHECKLIST
♦ Customer Relations
♦ Read/Comprehend written instructions
♦ Follow verbal instructions
♦ Computer: EMR, Outlook, Word
♦ Typing, Clerical Competence
♦ Other (specify): N/A
♦ Medium Work - (Exert up to 50# force occasionally, and/or up to frequently, and/or up to 10# constantly) Evaluate the requirements and activity percentage in time for this position based on the following: 1 - Not at all (0%), - Occasionally (1-33%), 3 - Frequently (34-66%), 4 - Continuously (67-100%) 1 Climbing 3 Bending 3 Crouching 3 Squatting 1 Crawling Kneeling Balancing Reaching above head Reaching above shoulder Twisting at waist 3 Push/pull 3 Lift/carry Lift from floor level up Lift from waist level up
MENTAL/ EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
♦ Manages stress appropriately
♦ Makes decisions under pressure
♦ Manages anger/fear/hostility/violence of others appropriately
♦ Handles multiple priorities
♦ Works independently
♦ Work in confined/crowded areas HAZARDS
♦ Exposure to toxic/ caustic chemicals
♦ Exposure to x-ray/Electromagnetic radiation
♦ Exposure to high pitched noises
♦ Exposure to communicable disease
♦ Exposure to blood and/or body fluids
♦ CRT (Computer monitor)
♦ Hear alarms/telephones/tape recorder/normal speaking voice
♦ Have good manual dexterity
♦ Have good eye-hand-foot coordination
Ability to see Minimum requirements of this position require individual to:
♦ Stand for varies hour(s) p/day
♦ Sit for varies hour(s) p/day
♦ Walk for varies hour(s) p/day
♦ Distinguish colors
List Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) that may be used in this position:
♦ Respirator, including N95 or PAPR
♦ Face Shield/Goggles
Other (specify): N/A
LIST OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES NOT PREVIOUSLY LISTED AS A REQUIREMENT: None, although St. Vincent Health reserves the right to amend, add, or delete any preferred knowledge, skills, or abilities related to this position in its sole discretion and at any time.
LIST OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES NOT PREVIOUSLY LISTED AS A REQUIREMENT: None, although St. Vincent Health reserves the right to amend, add, or delete any required knowledge, skills, or abilities related to this position in its sole discretion and at any time.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.