Job: Retail Associate- Yard Specialist
Job Type: Full time, Part time, Hourly
Location: Salida, CO.
At Murdoch’s, we’re big on doing the basics right. We know the value of a hard day’s work, a positive attitude, and doing the right thing (even when no one is looking). It starts with our knowledgeable, friendly team delivering value and having fun with our customers. We are committed to providing legendary service that gives our customers an authentic shopping experience like no other. Murdoch’s hires team members who are willing and excited to go the extra step.
*Federal law requires forklift operators be 18 years old or older to operate a forklift*
As a Murdoch's Team Member, you will...
- provide your customers with the know-how on everything from livestock and ag fencing to gates and stock tanks, to hay supplies, and much, much more.
- display down-to-earth products for an easy shopping experience.
- support customers through carry-outs.
- load and unload freight trucks.
- operate a forklift/tractor.
- merchandise and initiate sales for outside yard products.
- manage yard inventory.
- assist with start-ups.
- build furniture and seasonal items.
- earn your customers’ smiles from the moment they walk in the yard until they return to their car.
As a Murdochian, you must...
- have a “can-do” attitude.
- know what gets you fired up to achieve your best productivity.
- be ready for a hard day's work on your feet with heavy and repetitive lifting in potentially inclement weather.
- work as a team to uphold our Mission, Values, and Principles—we call them our MVPs.
Competitive Benefits + Compensation:
- $14.00 - $15.00/hour depending on experience.
- Amazing Employee Discount on everything from clothes to power tools to pet food.
- Multiple Health Insurance* options to best suit your needs after 60 days.
- Dental Vision options to complete your health plan.
- Life Insurance to secure your family’s financial future.
- Paid Vacation* allows you to relax and recharge.
- Holiday Pay throughout the year so you can celebrate with your family.
- Paid Sick Time** empowers you to stay home and focus on your health without losing pay.
- 401(k) with a generous 4% company match to help plan for retirement.
- Community Giving Program matches your donations and provides paid volunteer hours.
- Wellness Program* saves you money by lowering medical premiums with credits earned.
- Training Program helps you expand your knowledge and skills with over 250 courses.
- Other various Voluntary Insurance Options.
*Available to full-time team members. **Available to full-time team members and Colorado part-time team members.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.