Job: Rehab Tech
Job Type: PRN, Hourly
Location: Salida, CO.
HRRMC's Rehab Department has an opening for a PRN (on call as needed) Rehab Tech. This position is and eligible for an 8% pay differential, employer matching retirement plans, on site employee gym and employee assistance program. Apply on line: www.hrrmc.com
Perform tasks related to the operation of physical, occupational and speech therapy services. Assist physical, occupational and speech therapists by performing tasks related to the care of patients as outlined below. Assist with the operations of the rehabilitation clinic by performing administrative receptionist duties also outlined below.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a negative drug screen test*, criminal background check, reference checks, infection prevention procedures (COVID vaccine, TB test, Flu Shot, immunization records, etc.), physical capacity profile and acknowledgement of policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES PER AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Assists PT, OT and ST staff with equipment and modality needs as directed.
2. Prepare and maintain treatment area, stock linen, remove soiled linen from area.
3. Assists in notifying clinical staff when their patients have arrived.
1. Restock and order supplies: monitor treatment supplies and office supplies, reorder supplies as necessary with regard to master supply list; special order supplies as deemed necessary, stock supplies in treatment rooms, storage closet and rehabilitation clinic.
2. Clean large equipment per each piece of equipment’s IFU: Hydrocollator, exercise equipment, treatment tables. 3. Research equipment/supply companies to compare prices and services in order books. Communicate with purchasing department.
1. Answers telephone promptly, pleasantly and effectively processes phone calls, facilitating communication between the rehabilitation services department and customers.
2. Registers new patients for therapy visits.
3. Prepare and maintain patient intake information including placing documents to be scanned in the medical records folder.
4. Send/receive/process communications between the Rehabilitation Services Department and physicians, insurance companies and the hospital. Assists PT/PTA/OT/ST with receiving and sending via FAX, telephone or letter.
5. Coordinates scheduling for therapy visits. Schedules new and recurring visits, reschedules as necessary working closely with the providing PT/PTA/OT/ST per the Provisions of Care policy.
6. In the event that a patient cancellation creates an opening for another patient, receptionist will attempt to fill the opening from the waiting list.
7. Assists with follow-up calls for patient no-shows.
8. Orders/maintains office supplies for the clinic and assists clinical staff with ordering clinical items.
9. Reads and/or routes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail.
10. Makes copies as requested or needed.
11. Assists department manager in data collection including: referrals, cancellations/no-shows, therapist productivity, outcome studies.
12. Mentors Auxilians in clerical tasks.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Business curriculum preferred Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess and maintain current CPR certification.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “View Application” below for more detail on this specific job.