Job: Paralegal, State Public Defender
Job Type: Full time, Salaried
Location: Salida, CO.
At the Colorado Judicial Department our mission is to provide a fair and impartial system of justice that:
- Protects constitutional and statutory rights and liberties
- Assures equal access
- Provides fair, timely and constructive resolution of cases
- Enhances public safety
- Supervises offenders
- Facilitates victim and community reparation
STATEMENT OF DUTIES General Statement Of Duties:
Provides highly complex case processing and coordination of judicial activities in a Judge’s, Magistrate’s, or Clerk of Court’s Office.
Distinguishing Factors: Positions in this classification are distinguished from other classifications by the concentration on job functions that contribute to the processing and coordination of judicial activities for the court from beginning to end. Positions in this classification will eventually perform the full range of Clerks’ Office or Division Office functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS To be established at the local district.
- Provides customer service, data entry, file maintenance, intakes and disburses monies owed to the court, schedules court proceedings, assists the Judge with case flow management, maintains an orderly courtroom, and performs the full range of Clerks’ Office or Division Office functions by the time the employee reaches the “master” level in the compensation range.
- May occasionally require travel.
- Supervisor Responsibilities: Responsible for one's own work product and may provide leadership, guidance, assistance, or mentorship to coworkers, volunteers, or interns. This may include scheduling of work, instructing in work methods, and reviewing work products for other staff, consuming less than 50% of the employee’s time.
Minimum Education: Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; and perform repetitive motions with wrists, hands, and fingers; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and high precarious places. Occasionally handles emergency or crisis situations; frequently subject to interruptions, and multiple calls and inquiries. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.