Job: Field Technician
Job Type: Full time, Hourly
Location: Salida, CO.
Colorado Central Telecom is seeking a full-time employee to join our dynamic team for customer installations and service calls in Chafee, Lake and Custer Counties. Salary starting at $20-$22. Training will be provided.
Job Overview: The Field Installation Technician requires excellent customer service skills and technical abilities. CCT will train the right candidate. The position requires completing customer installations of fixed wireless and fiber internet, service visits, on-site troubleshooting, and recovery of equipment. Work is performed on site at customer locations, installing Internet equipment as well as updating databases.
Physical Demands: Ability to lift/move up to 60 lbs. Ability to climb a ladder and work non roofs. Ability to work on the infrastructure of a home, including attics and crawl space. Ability to work in inclement weather conditions. Must be able to use tools to install equipment.
- Must be professional in dress, speech and manner
- Ability to work independently, using sound judgement principles
- Must be able to safely use ladders and be comfortable working on roofs, in high places and running cables to different parts of a building
- Ability to use basic tools
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Must demonstrate accountability to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work within a fast-laced, high-change environment while managing multiple interruptions and adjustment to priorities throughout the day
- Ability to be available for on-call work schedule
- Must demonstrated a desire to learn, supported with a love for technology
- Previous experience installing Dish Network, DirecTV, Cable, fiber, internet, phone or alarms a plus
- Diagnose problems during service calls and restore functional service to existing customers
- Install Internet service for new customers, running CAT5-E cable from outside to the customer’s computer inside
- Configure routers and customer computers for access to internet services
- Perform equipment upgrades for existing customers
- Run wires inside home/business
- Handle different types of fiber optic cables
- Assist with moving equipment including mini excavator, trailers, etc.
- Run lines through conduit and on utility poles following all industry standard and safety procedures (will train)
- Participate in meetings as needed
- Assist other technicians and operations crew as needed programming radios and routers
- Perform other duties as assigned
Applicants must have:
- Valid Colorado Driver’s license
- Ability to be trained to proficiency
- Professional Demeanor – Professional in dress, speech and manner
- Mechanical ability with drills, drivers for fasteners and terminating CAT5e wire
- Ability to climb ladders and carry moderate equipment
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Experience: Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.