Job: District Nurse- RN for Secondary School
Job type: Full time, Salaried
Wage: see Non-Instructional Administrator Salary Schedule
Location: Florence, CO.
Fremont Re-2 has received grant funding through the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to support our ability to increase the school nurse's capacity to successfully keep schools open for in-person learning while protecting the health and safety of school community members and to respond to the growing needs of students with chronic conditions. The district has received funding to support two (2) additional Registered Nurses (one for elementary and one for secondary) through June 2023. The elementary RN will serve Fremont and Penrose Elementary Schools. The secondary RN will serve Florence Jr/Sr High School.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in public health nursing, community health nursing, school health nursing or pediatric nursing preferred
- Provides health services to strengthen and facilitate the educational process by modifying or removing health-related barriers to learning in the individual students
- Promote an optimal level of wellness of students and staff by providing preventive health services to facilitate the students and staff's optimal physical, mental, emotional and social growth and development
- Identify problems and disabilities and provide such services as case finding, health education, referring and care in order to help prevent serious health problems and manage current chronic conditions
- Promotes and protects the optimal health status of school-age children
- Coordinates school screenings and evaluations of deficit in vision, hearing, growth, etc.
- Develops and implements a student health plan
- Coordinates and participates as appropriate in referral to parents, school personnel or community health resources for intervention, remediation and follow through
- Provides ongoing health counseling with students, parents, school personnel or health agencies
- Utilizes existing health resources to provide appropriate care of students
- Maintains, evaluates and interprets cumulative health data to accommodate individual needs of students
- Plans and implements school health management protocols
- Develops procedures and provides for emergency nursing management for injuries/illnesses to staff and school health techs
- Promotes and assists in the control of communicable diseases
- Provides direct health education, and health counseling to assist students and families in making decisions on health and lifestyles that affect health
- Participates in health education directly and indirectly for the improvement of health by teaching persons to become more assertive health consumers and to assume greater responsibility for their own health
- Serves as a resource person to the school staff members in health instruction
- Promotes and supports school and community health activities and serves as a liaison health professional between the home, school and community
- Acts as a resource person in promoting health careers
- Engages in research and evaluation of school health services to act as a change agent for school health programs and school nursing practices
- 161 - Day Contract - 9 Hours a day - 4-Day Week
- Salary according to the Non-Instructional Administrator Salary Schedule
- Salary to include a Sign On/Stay On bonus paid through the School Nurse Workforce Grant Program: $500 sign on bonus paid upon commitment/acceptance of the job, paid in first pay period. $500 stay on bonus paid upon second year of employment (paid for by the School Nurse Workforce Grant Program).
- Health Insurance according to the Master Agreement
- PERA, Life Insurance and Medicare
- Leave days according to the Master Agreement
Fremont RE-2 School District does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religion or need for special education services, access to, treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities. Additionally, a lack of English language skills is not a barrier to admission or participation in activities. The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Dr. Brenda Krage, Superintendent, and EEO/Affirmative Action/Title IX/Section 504 Compliance Officer for complaints involving employees, and Jason Cellan, Title IX Compliance Officer for complaints involving students. Both individuals can be located at 403 W. 5th Street, Florence, Colorado, 81226. (719) 784-6312. Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. (Policy AC, AC-R, AC-E-1, AC-E-2) Fremont RE-2 School District complies with all state and federal employment regulations.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.