Job Type: Part time, Hourly
Location: Canon City, CO.
The Dishwasher for Fremont Provisions will join a team of dreamers and doers committed to rural renewal through business and economic development. Dishwashers work to take on some janitorial and supportive kitchen tasks, such as bussing tables, washing dishes and appliances, emptying trash receptacles, scrubbing floors, restocking items, and performing other tasks to ensure that the kitchen and dining areas are clean and prepared for guests. We are looking for a dedicated, organized dishwasher who enjoys working as part of a team in a fast-paced culinary environment. Housed in a historic storefront built in 1903, Fremont Provisions is Cañon City’s premiere locally-sourced scratch kitchen eatery, known for the intentionally selected products and unique menu options. As part of the restaurant team, you will be part of a unique culture that gives guests the best hospitality experience around. Qualified candidates will have the ability to contribute to company culture and work environment that is aligned with Unbridled’s Cornerstones and Ways of Being. If you love creating memorable dining experiences, we welcome you to apply! Successful candidates will have the following:
- Dependability–the Dishwasher is expected to be reliable, on time for work, and consistent with the work they do
- Physical stamina – the Dishwasher work on their feet for the duration of their shifts, around scheduled breaks, in high traffic areas, and a requirement to multi-task
- Customer service – working in all areas of the restaurant and often in the food delivery space, including bars, seating areas, buffet tables, and dining rooms, the Dishwasher inevitably interact with customers, willingly listening to and assisting customers with their requests, even when they fall outside the Dishwasher’s normal duties. Pleasant, polite manner, and a neat and clean appearance.
- Team player – the Dishwasher takes direction from the kitchen supervisors and facility managers and is willing to assist other team members to get their jobs done.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- The Dishwasher’s duties include removing soiled plates and flatware from tables, washing them thoroughly, and resetting tables in preparation for the next party.
- They may also restock items, unload delivery trucks, help prepare cook stations, clean appliances and machines, empty and clean trash receptacles, and other duties, as needed.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and stand on on your feet for at least 8 hours
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must agree to background check.
What you would be doing at Fremont Provisions:
- Show up ready to work, clean and well groomed and wearing the appropriate attire
- Clock in and out on time without delays and within regulation
- Ensuring the availability of clean dishes by bussing tables, washing dishes, pots, pans, and flatware, and resetting dining areas.
- Preparing dining areas and kitchen for next shift by cleaning and restocking dining areas and cook stations.
- Cleaning machines and appliances used in the kitchen, such as coffee makers, pots, and pans, mixers, etc.
- Unloading and storing deliveries.
- Sweeping and mopping floors, especially in the event that items are broken or spilled.
- Taking out the trash and rinsing garbage cans.
- Supporting other restaurant staff members by assisting with other tasks, as needed.
- Reporting kitchen accidents or violations of food safety codes and procedures.
- Complete additional job duties efficiently including clearing tables and completing side work tasks as directed by management. (You will be provided with a detailed list of tasks)
- Maintain a clean work environment, free from any clutter or personal belongings, including cell phones.
- Set a positive example by always embody the Unbridled brand and culture, including: character, change, credibility, and community.
Fremont Provisions prepares folks for the journey ahead by providing deliciously wholesome food made with locally sourced ingredients. We connect local farmers with culinarians to create mouthwatering farm-to-table meals that capture the unique flavors of our home region. Our community-oriented practices directly support the health and sustainability of Fremont County and its residents. Part of the Unbridled Community that values talented people who are unleashed to imagine and intentionally craft solutions and services that amaze our customers. Our values drive everything we do....and differentiate the Unbridled Brand. We collaborate in each other's destiny, foster a culture of authenticity, and are a business of radical generosity.
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.