Job: Director of Patient Financial Services
Job Type: Full time, Hourly
Location: Salida, CO.
HHRMC is looking for a full time Director of Patient Financial Services. This position will be exempt and may require weekend hours depending on department work load. This position is eligible for our full benefits package including: medical, dental and vision insurance, employer matching retirement plans, paid time off accruals, on site employee gym, employee assistance program and a flex spending account. Apply on line : www.hrrmc.com
The director role demonstrates leadership and responsibility for the function of the defined service line which will include two or more unrelated departments. The strength of this role is through the collaboration that results in organizational-level performance. This management role facilitates improved alignment with strategic vision for the entire service line. Sharing of information, collaboration, and communication are essential for success. Director level position possesses the training and skills to perform Administrator on Call (AOC) role and participates with the call rotation. Functions as a role model for current and new staff and may perform the same duties/responsibilities as subordinates. The role demonstrates expertise and is able to handle multiple priorities Utilizes problem solving techniques to prevent conflict and promote team development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES PER AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Directs and coordinates all Patient Financial Services activities
2. Analyzes and organizes efficient operations and procedures for all functions including Centralized Scheduling; Hospital Services Admissions; Hospital Switchboard; Hospital Mail Management; Billing/Accounts Receivable/Denial Management and Financial Counseling/Collections for both Hospital and Clinics.
3. Works closely with all other departments to achieve mutual goals and objectives regarding scheduling, revenue generation and collections.
4. Overseas all chargemaster functions including ongoing auditing and updating to ensure compliance with regulatory billing standards (CPT-4, HCPCS etc.)
5. Oversees timely and accurate month-end closing functions of hospital and clinics accounts receivable systems.
6. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all Medicare/Medicaid billing/compliance regulations and all third party payer contracts.
7. Oversees the maintenance of computer dictionaries/tables related to Patient Financial Services and Centralized Scheduling modules of Hospital information system.
8. Oversees all Colorado Indigent Care Program functions, ensuring compliance with and accuracy in application of all state rules. Assists with periodic program audit.
9. Ensures accurate and timely preparation of all reports required for completion of annual Medicare Cost Report.
10. Prepares accurate and timely departmental budget and monitors performance to maintain budget compliance.
11. Serves on the HIPAA and Utilization Management Committees.
12. Acts as customer service liaison between Hospital and local physician offices to foster cooperative relationships and problem solve patient scheduling/admission/billing concerns .
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Directly supervises employees in the revenue cycle departments of Centralized Scheduling, Admissions and Patient Financial Services. Requirements
Bachelors or Associates degree and a minimum of three years experience in a hospital, medical clinics or other healthcare revenue cycle setting preferred; Or a minimum of ten years experience in a hospital, medical clinics or other healthcare revenue cycle setting
Analyzes and organizes efficient operations and procedures for all functions including : Centralized Scheduling; Hospital Services; Admissions; Hospital Switchboard Hospital Mail Management; Billing/ Accounts Receivable/Denial Management and Financial Counseling/Collections for both the Hospital and Clinics.
Experience with hospital and or clinic revenue cycle setting is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS None required at this time
VACCINATION EXEMPTIONS ACCEPTED
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a negative drug screen test*, criminal background check, reference checks, infection prevention procedures (Proof of COVID 19 vaccinations, TB test, Flu Shot, immunization records, etc.), physical capacity profile and acknowledgement of policies.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.