Job: Director of Human Resources
Job Type: Full time, Hourly
Location: Salida, CO.
HHRMC is looking for a full time Director of Human Resources. This position is eligible for our outstanding benefits package to include: medical, dental and vision insurance, employer matching retirement plans, on site employee gym, paid time off and employee assistance program. Three years of Human Resource experience is required. Salary is based on years of experience and ranges from $ $43.83 to $54.77 per hour. Apply on line at: www.hrrmc.com
This position is eligible for a $4,000.00 Relocation Assistance and $6000.00 Sign bonus.
The director role demonstrates leadership and responsibility for the function of the defined service line which will include two or more unrelated departments. The strength of this role is through the collaboration that results in organizational-level performance. This director role facilitates improved alignment with strategic vision for the entire service line. Sharing of information, collaboration, and communication are essential for success. Director level position possesses the training and skills to perform Administrator on Call (AOC) role and participates with the call rotation. Functions as a role model for current and new staff and may perform the same duties/responsibilities as subordinates. The role demonstrates expertise and is able to handle multiple priorities Utilizes problem solving techniques to prevent conflict and promote team development
ESSENTIAL DUTIES PER AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Coordinates and approves all personnel requests for replacements and new positions and ensures accurate posting on HRIS.
2. Ensures all personnel policies in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
3. Manages employee benefit programs, including annual review of group insurance plans; the HRRMC retirement plan; researching and recommending the implementation of possible benefit enhancements as appropriate.
4. Monitors Human Resource analytics including but not limited to turnover and develops strategies as necessary.
5. Advises Department Managers/Directors/VP’s in the practical and legal aspects of interviewing, reviewing, disciplining and discharging employees.
6. Establishes and maintains a pay grade and salary administration structure for all hospital employees.
7. Reviews all employee incident reports that may result in Workers' compensation claims, providing follow-up for same. Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
8. Process employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
9. Maintains employee termination information and communicates same to Unemployment Insurance coordinator.
10. Coordinates and assists Managers/Directors/VP’s with hearings for unemployment compensation as necessary. Represents organization at personnel related hearings and investigations.
11. Serves as a resource to payroll staff with all payroll functions, including time card calculations, leave accruals, payroll reports and periodic payment and reporting of State and Federal withholdings.
12. Coordinates the employee satisfaction survey process; collection, analysis and distribution of reports. Trains managers and staff on interpretation and use of these data.
13. Develops and maintains an employee handbook to communicate hospital policies and expectations to all employees.
14. Assists the CEO in areas of personnel, communications, productivity and compliance.
15. Serves on the retirement plan committee along with the administrator and the chief financial officer. This committee is responsible for administration of the retirement plan.
16. Under the direction of the CEO, may represents administration on hospital committees including: Infection Control Committee, Safety Committee, Quality Alliance, HIPAA Committee, Performance Improvement Committee,
17. Organizes all work and its relationships so that accountability is defined and work is completed effectively, efficiently and with the personal satisfaction of meeting the needs of the employee.
18. Supports and enhances the professional growth of staff through continuing and formal education.
19. CEO may have Director participate on the Senior Management Team.
20. Employs tact and courtesy at all times with patients, physicians, visitors, and co-workers. Continually strives to establish and maintain good rapport and working relationships to foster positive intra- and interdepartmental communications.
21. Under the direction of the CEO, may be assigned the responsibilities of compliance officer and grievance officer.
22. Performs other duties as assigned by the CEO.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Responsible for the supervision overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Human Resource Departments . Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, resolving problems and promoting the philosophies and objectives of the hospital’s mission, vision, and values.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably Human Resources) required
- Minimum of three years of responsible human resources preferably healthcare setting.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS aPHR, PHR, CHHR, or SPHR certification or ability to obtain within 12 months of start date.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a negative drug screen test*, criminal background check, reference checks, infection prevention procedures (Proof of completed COVID19 vaccination series, TB test, Flu Shot, immunization records, etc.), physical capacity profile and acknowledgement of policies.
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.