Job: Critical Care Tech ER
Job Type: PRN, Hourly
Location: Canon City, CO.
Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.
This position offers a 15% differential on top of your base rate pay and additional shift differentials!
Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills – but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more. This position performs direct and indirect patient care in collaboration with RN or Physician. Assumes responsibility and accountability for facilitating, communicating and collaborating with the team to meet the physical and emotional needs of the patient. Orders, receives and stocks supplies for the department/unit. Assists support staff with filing, medical records and daily tasks as assigned.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- One year healthcare experience (pre-hospital, ED and/or patient care) preferred
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Basic computer skills High School Diploma or GED required
- Current Colorado Emergency Medical Technician-Basic or A-EMT or EMT-Intermediate or Paramedic license required
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for HealthCare Providers certification required from American Heart Association
- required IV certification required upon hire
- Physical Requirements - Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health’s connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
Caring for Your Whole Well Being
We’re committed to delivering whole person care and understand that a comprehensive benefits package enriches the lives of our associates at work and at home. At Centura Health, we offer incredible benefits that impact mind, body, and spirit to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and may include:
- 401K, which includes matching when eligible
- Three Health Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Two Dental Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Vision Insurance including covering eligible dependents
- Medical Flexible Spending Account Options
- Leaves of Absence,
- Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability Life Insurance and Spouse Child/Dependent Life Insurance Coverage Options
- Voluntary Benefits including Hospital Indemnity Coverage, Critical Illness, Accident, Permanent Life insurance, and Norton LifeLock
- Paid Time
- Off Sick Pay
- Shift Differentials
- Employee Wellness Resources
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement Relocation assistance based on location
- Associate Discounts for Phone, Cell Phone Plans, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Auto Buying, Pet Insurance, and much more...
The pay rate for this position is listed above and varies based on experience, skills, and comparison to others who are already in this role.
Everyone Thrives Here You’re different, and we love it. Your perspectives, your ways, what you are on a mission to go and do – we’re all different at Centura Health, but we’re also all equally connected and supported. We are here to cultivate YOU in an environment which not only lifts you up, but propels you forward. To help you thrive, we take pride in providing exceptional benefits to support a healthy work, home, and life balance. Be sure to consider our generous company benefits package as part of the total compensation for this role. You can find a list of our benefits HERE. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled. Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment health and drug screen and background check. Application FAQs
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.