Job: Coach/ Ops Mgr Trainee
Job Type: Full time, Hourly
Location: Salida, CO.
What you'll do...
Leads and develops teams effectively by teaching, training, and actively listening to associates; touring stores and providing feedback (Tour-to- Teach); communicating and collaborating with all levels of associates regarding store operations, utilizing technology, business initiatives, merchandising, and company direction; introducing and leading company change efforts; providing clear expectations and guidance to implement business solutions; and communicating business objectives to teams effectively.
Models and demonstrates exceptional customer service standards to store associates by following and demonstrating the One Best Way (OBW) service model; managing and supporting customer service initiatives (for example, store of the community and community outreach programs); ensuring customer needs, complaints, and issues are successfully resolved; developing and implementing action plans to correct deficiencies; and providing process improvement leadership to ensure a high quality customer experience.
Drives the financial performance and sales of the designated store area by reviewing and evaluating P&L (Profit Loss) statements; managing and assisting in budgeting, forecasting and controlling expenses in designated business area to confirm they are indexed to sales; monitoring and ensuring effective merchandise presentation, seasonal transitions, inventory flow, and operational processes; and developing and implementing action plans to mitigate shrink and ensure sales and profit goals are achieved for business area.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for hourly associates by hiring, training, and mentoring of associates; assigning duties; setting clear expectations; providing associate recognition; communicating expectations consistently and effectively; ensuring diversity and inclusion awareness; and recruiting and developing qualified associates to meet staffing needs and achieve company growth potential.
Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Minimum Qualifications... Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
- 2 years’ of college; OR 1 year’s retail experience and 1 year’s supervisory experience; OR years’ general work experience and 1 year’s supervisory experience.
- For facilities that sell firearms, I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying will require successful completion of a firearms- specific Criminal Background Check (CBC) and Firearms Authorized Training.
- For facilities that sell only ammunition and have state specific requirements, I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying may require a current state issued Certificate of Eligibility.
- Associates will be required to attend and successfully complete all job-required trainings and assessments (for example, Academy trainings, Open Door trainings, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications... Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management and Leadership through Live Better U and Bellevue University,
- Certificate of Completion in People and Business Leadership through Live Better U and Bellevue University,
- General work experience supervising 5 or more direct reports to include the responsibility of performance management, mentoring, hiring, and firing
**Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee, time to time; the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Click “Visit” below for more detail on this specific job.